Lazor Engineered PC Mk1(Not really made with a lazor though..)

I now installed a CoolerMaster 212 Evo in my machine.. Now im on a overclock of 5Ghz on my A6 6400k.

Firestrike Benchamark, Stock: 3000 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2439067
                                         OC: 3451 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4028993

(CPU-z validated) http://valid.canardpc.com/svt803

Here are some pictures:

Spoiler

IMG_20140605_183704.jpg

Spoiler

CPU heatsink, Stock vs 212 EVO.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20150209_194931.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20150209_183504.jpg

IMG_20150502_001642.jpg

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Oh dang, ain't 1.5 volts too much? btw what are temps? I want to OC my a6 too to get rid of that bottleneck

Oh dang, ain't 1.5 volts too much? btw what are temps? I want to OC my a6 too to get rid of that bottleneck

It was at around 1.5 volts at stock too, As long as the temps are in check it wont really be a problem.

Just do some rough math and make sure the amount of watts are not too high for the motherboard, If your motherboard supports the athlon 760k you should be able to reach 5ghz without problems, Probably higher.

I dont have much time to play around with a overclock today, So 5ghz seems pretty decent.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

It was at around 1.5 volts at stock too, As long as the temps are in check it wont really be a problem.

Just do some rough math and make sure the amount of watts are too high for the motherboard, If your motherboard supports the athlon 760k you should be able to reach 5ghz without problems, Probably higher.

I dont have much time to play around with a overclock today, So 5ghz seems pretty decent.

We have the same mobo's :D. Could you give me some tips on OC'ing mine a6 too?

We have the same mobo's :D. Could you give me some tips on OC'ing mine a6 too?

Disable the Turbo core And Cool n quiet(So the CPU will perform at its best).

The base should be at 100Mhz while only change the Multiplier.

I have the voltage at Auto, It is faster and easier to overclock that way And i cant manually change it on my motherboard(Maybe in a future update).

Try to stay below 60-70 degrees C and you will be fine.

I use MSI control center to set a custom fan curve and check the temps, All other softwares just go crazy and say it is at around 100 degrees at all times.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Disable the Turbo core, Cool n quiet and C1e, and Core C6 state.

The base should be at 100Mhz while only change the Multiplier.

I have the voltage at Auto, It is faster and easier to overclock that way.

Try to stay below 60-70 degrees C and you will be fine.

I use MSI control center to set a custom fan curve and check the temps, All other softwares just go crazy and say it is at around 100 degrees at all times.

Thanks! I hope my cpu has won the silicon lottery too!