Good 30$ headphones for gaming

Newbie2Pcs

I have been looking for a pair of headphones around 30$ and I'll mainly use them for games like battlefield and insurgency , alo the occasional movie watching and music listening. And I'm wondering if any if you have good recommendations ?

What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

maybe you can find some well priced logitech g230.

they are not super awesome, but very good for such a low budget

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

Philips SHP3000... I have them and use them as my secondary headphones (to the Superlux HD330)... a little tweaking of the equalizer on your sound card/onboard audio and this thing would sound close to 60USD-100USD (mainstream, non-audiophile) pairs...

Hows the hd201 , is it any good ?

Tried them in-store, but I can't trust what I heard because I was not allowed to use my own audio source (the audio source is hidden inside the display rack with no control for volume)...

Edit: They're fine... but note the above...

Sharkoon GSone is pretty good, mostly for gaming though since it's not perfectly balanced for music. Mic is great.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Sorry I didn't make it clear ,I'm using us dollars

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Philips SHP3000... I have them and use them as my secondary headphones (to the Superlux HD330)... a little tweaking of the equalizer on your sound card/onboard audio and this thing would sound close to 60USD-100USD (mainstream, non-audiophile) pairs...

Not sure how they compare but another suggestion would be the JVC HARX700: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Full-Size-Headphones-Black-/161465531034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2598187a9a

Do note that they are on the bigger side though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not sure how they compare but another suggestion would be the JVC HARX700: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Full-Size-Headphones-Black-/161465531034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2598187a9a

Do note that they are on the bigger side though.

Both are tuned for bass emphasis, however the HD330 has a better balanced frequency response (the SHP3000 has louder mids and highs) and better instrument separation (tested using high bitrate FLACs of orchestra music, it's not an ABX test though)...

Price-wise, I got the HD330 for ~40USD and the SHP3000 for ~30USD (~20USD after a trade-in promo)... so that puts them within ~10USD of each other...

Hows the hd201 , is it any good ?

I have a pair.  I use them every day at work for at least 7 hours of my day.    

They're good.  The cord is extremely long (10 feet) which is good for my configuration and placement of computers at work.  The sound is pretty decent.   I've compared them to coworkers' Beats and Jabra EVOs.  Those two have a much more flat sound compared to the HD201 (without adjusting an EQ).    

They're fairly closed.  I listen to a lot of loud music at work and I haven't received any complaints from my coworkers in neighboring cubes. 

The only thing I would want to change is the depth of the cups.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, but my ears touch the inside cloth that covers the speakers.   (see attached photos)  I have an Astro headset that has ear cups deep enough for my ears to fit without touching.  It's very comfortable that way.  But the HD201s aren't uncomfortable. 

post-122698-0-43032800-1423510149_thumb.post-122698-0-57988900-1423510156_thumb.

Wait for the Superlux HD668Bs to become available through Massdrop again.  It should be up again soon.  You will not get a better sounding pair of headphones for around the $30 price point.  They are absolutely worth the wait, I wouldn't even consider anything else.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Do any of you know if the rp htf295 from Panasonic is any good ?

I have a pair. I use them every day at work for at least 7 hours of my day.

They're good. The cord is extremely long (10 feet) which is good for my configuration and placement of computers at work. The sound is pretty decent. I've compared them to coworkers' Beats and Jabra EVOs. Those two have a much more flat sound compared to the HD201 (without adjusting an EQ).

They're fairly closed. I listen to a lot of loud music at work and I haven't received any complaints from my coworkers in neighboring cubes.

The only thing I would want to change is the depth of the cups. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but my ears touch the inside cloth that covers the speakers. (see attached photos) I have an Astro headset that has ear cups deep enough for my ears to fit without touching. It's very comfortable that way. But the HD201s aren't uncomfortable.

IMG_4906.JPG IMG_4907.JPG

Is there any lacking in the bass department , I heard that its a problem with the headphone

Is there any lacking in the bass department , I heard that its a problem with the headphone

Not really.  It's fairy well-balanced.  I bought my pair from the coworker next to me after he bought a pair of Beats.  He also made a comment about about bass, so I played a bass-heavy song (something from Massive Attack) and he was surprised.    

Their sound is really good.  I just want them to have deeper ear cups for added comfort. 

Not really. It's fairy well-balanced. I bought my pair from the coworker next to me after he bought a pair of Beats. He also made a comment about about bass, so I played a bass-heavy song (something from Massive Attack) and he was surprised.

Their sound is really good. I just want them to have deeper ear cups for added comfort.

Okay , thank you , I'm gonna go buy a pair