Upgrade Setup or buy new gaming laptop?

alex88nguyen

Hi everyone! I was looking really hard at the asus rog swift (i own a 1080p with a 970 atm) and thinking to grab myself one along with a second 970. The cost of the upgrade can essential allow me to look at other options such as returning my 970 for a 980 or even straight up getting a gaming laptop. I like the idea of portability, especially for lan parties. My girlfriend also games on my rig so It might be fun being able to co-op or duo in games like league of legends. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!  

build a micro atx bitfenix setup for lan parties, let your gf use it 

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

I wouldnt sell the 970 for a 980, I wouldn't sell the system for a laptop, and If you are asking if you should upgrade or buy a laptop, the laptop is going to be much more expensive than an upgrade.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I wouldnt sell the 970 for a 980, I wouldn't sell the system for a laptop, and If you are asking if you should upgrade or buy a laptop, the laptop is going to be much more expensive than an upgrade.

I already looked into it. Though the performance of gaming laptops are no where near the upgrade, I found a few priced nearly the same as the set up.