Is 300 DPI nessary?

I took pictures with my Nikon P330 which is a 12.2 MP camera at a resolution of 4000x3000. When I put it in a photo editing software the actualy size is 13.33x10 inches at 300 DPI. I would really like to print larger images of the photos I took such as 11x17 or 16x20 inches.

Then do it?

Edit: You don't need permission.

EDIT EDIT: NVM, yes you do.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

lol, my question is, is there going to be a large noticeable differnce?

with upscaling there will always be a diffrence(unless you spent time and resources to minimize/dismiss them), the best way to find out is try it a time or two, 1 time without changing things and 1 time with, its acutally the ebst way to find out how it works(i dont print my pics at al so im dumb on this topic, but trail and error is the biggest part of photography)

@Stealth1304

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

High quality gloss print books are somewhere in the 550-600 range if I remember right, so there is always room for improvement.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Thank you for all of your replys, I am thinking about ordering from AdoramaPix, do you have experince with them?

Thank you for all of your replys, I am thinking about ordering from AdoramaPix, do you have experince with them?

No, but I know a guy who does the prints for me, so :P

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

i have not use them i just go to sam's club or Costco and i do 20x30 and 24x36 from both and i love it. 

down side is i have to send a 4x6 print first to see if i like the colors.