Swiftech Helix 120mm

Go to solution Solved by Tony N,

About the fans, if they are actually broken just contact swiftech and you will probably get a replacement, they are the best company i have ever had to contact.

I have had Sp120s in push and pull on my H220 and no difference in temps.

Helix fan orientation should not matter on the rad.

Hi everyone, 

Last week i bought an H220 and installed it in my system i been hearing a humming, grinding/whining noise since i installed it at first i thought it was pump never had a water cooled system so didn't know how those sounded.

But After going thru the check list i found out its the Helix stock fans that it comes with, only at about 600 rpm do they not make the noise anything above it i can hear said noise. Now the noise is a bit weird in it has certain requirements for me to notice it my room door and windows need to be closed( if open can't hear it) if any noise in room music/tv noise is drowned out or if i have headset on

I was planning on buying Noctua NF-F12 or Corsair SP fans to replace them eventually but didn't think i would be doing it this quickly. 

Now my Question is since Corsair would be twice as much as Helix and Noctua three times, would i run into this problem with those fans considering that they are more expensive and in my belief higher quality 

On another note i have fans connected to a Fan Controller  but have connected to Mobo and have same problem with both fans making the noise (i don't know if mention but both make the same noise)

Neither of those fans have that problem and if they do you can probably RMA them

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

About the fans, if they are actually broken just contact swiftech and you will probably get a replacement, they are the best company i have ever had to contact.

I have had Sp120s in push and pull on my H220 and no difference in temps.

Helix fan orientation should not matter on the rad.

hmm never thought to rma in h220 works great just both fans humming at 600+ rpm 

will contact them to see what they can do 

If not will go with NF-F12s or Noiseblocker Eloops

hmm never thought to rma in h220 works great just both fans humming at 600+ rpm 

will contact them to see what they can do 

If not will go with NF-F12s or Noiseblocker Eloops

You dont have to RMA the whole unit, they will probably just you get you some new fans.

@Tony N 

Just sent them an email showing my problem will see what happens

Also i check to see if they were grease/lubed and are idk random thought came in thinking that might be problem  

@Tony N 

Just sent them an email showing my problem will see what happens

Also i check to see if they were grease/lubed and are idk random thought came in thinking that might be problem  

I wouldn't really bother, just throw some temporary fans on there if it is really bugging you, trust me Swiftech will take care of you very well.

@Deddie did a little research in Eloops seems good and thinking about them but found this on forum 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20019-noiseblocker-eloops-vs-sp120s-and-gentle-typhoons/

someone says bad in pull which is what i have mine set up and some say push do u know if this is true 

Eloops on the fan blade part itself droop and will grind the radiator fins. 

@Tony N ahh okay thanks for the help and they don't really bother me at all its more like 20% of the time i am using PC i can hear them most of the day my door is open so can't hear them its at night 1-4am lol when people asleep i close door to not disturb my roommate's

@Emperor_Piehead ooo thats really good to know in will be using in rad pull and will run into that problem will be going with Noctua's if for some reason RMA goes bad which i don't think it will :)