Noiseblocker eloop's vs sp120's and gentle typhoon's

bennyino

Hello everyone!

which are best for heatsinks and radiators and how do they perform while not restricted, i know other noiseblocker fans and they are great but not eloop's, dont know any of the others personally so i'd like to know from someone that has used them, 

thank you

Before I got my radiator I used my Gentle Typhoons as an intake :wub: . They push good air too.. and the noise depends on which model you get. I had 1850rpm GTs and they don't make much noise compared to some Antec :wacko:  fans I had before. GTs are good radiator fans as well  ;).

If you ask which is the best I would say, or most would say, Noctua fans! That is if you don't mind the colour hehehe :P .

My beloved computer (^o^)

Core i7 3770k 4.4Ghz || Maximus V Gene || EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2 || 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1.25v DDR31600 || Corsair TX550M PSU || Kuhler 920 with Scythe GT 1850rpm || OCZ Vertex 4 256GB || Fractale Define Mini

I haven't tested any of the myself, but statssuggest that the SP120s are best, then eLoop and then Gentle Typhoon. 

Got my info at this post at overclock.net 

Before I got my radiator I used my Gentle Typhoons as an intake :wub: . They push good air too.. and the noise depends on which model you get. I had 1850rpm GTs and they don't make much noise compared to some Antec :wacko:  fans I had before. GTs are good radiator fans as well  ;).

If you ask which is the best I would say, or most would say, Noctua fans! That is if you don't mind the colour hehehe :P .

yeah, noctuas arent even considered, they look awful on my rig im looking at the 1850 rpm version but they will be controlled anyway with my fan controller

I haven't tested any of the myself, but statssuggest that the SP120s are best, then eLoop and then Gentle Typhoon. 

stats actually say the eloops are the best in every way: highest atr, lowest DB, highest AF at the same-ish RPM or did i see that wrong? at about 1350rpm, comparing agaisnt the quiet editions btw not the performance editions

btw than you a lot for that link, didnt found anything like it before :)

What makes eloops special it that they are quiet with high rpms. If you want to go with <1000 rpms normal blacksilent pro are better.

eloops/blacksilent pro are more quiet than noctua fans but a bit worse when it comes to cooling. Corsair fans are louder and worse. i never used gentle typhoons.

one big downside of eloops is they make loud noises if you use them in pull, they are only good for push configurations.

if you want low rpm i would buy noctua or blacksilent pro if you want maximum performance but not maximum loudness i would buy eloops

What makes eloops special it that they are quiet with high rpms. If you want to go with <1000 rpms normal blacksilent pro are better.

eloops/blacksilent pro are more quiet than noctua fans but a bit worse when it comes to cooling. Corsair fans are louder and worse. i never used gentle typhoons.

one big downside of eloops is they make loud noises if you use them in pull, they are only good for push configurations.

if you want low rpm i would buy noctua or blacksilent pro if you want maximum performance but not maximum loudness i would buy eloops

i dont care about rpm, i care about noise, if they can go at higher rpm with the same noise  i assume that at that noise level they are better than the others then, is that correct?

eloop's also seem very versatile, great sp and af from the link kaare kanin provided

eloop's also seem very versatile, great sp and af from the link kaare kanin provided

yes, eloop fans can give you more performance at the same noise lvl.

as long as you don't use them in push. :D

yes, eloop fans can give you more performance at the same noise lvl.

as long as you don't use them in push. :D

god the noctua's are annoying as crap, are sp120's that much noisier?more than the noctuas?

stats actually say the eloops are the best in every way: highest atr, lowest DB, highest AF at the same-ish RPM or did i see that wrong? at about 1350rpm, comparing agaisnt the quiet editions btw not the performance editions

Oh, my bad. Didn't see the "not" in front of restricted there... you are right!

Oh, my bad. Didn't see the "not" in front of restricted there... you are right!

where is that not? im confused lol

Because of the fan design eloops produce a turbulence where they suck air in, if put a rad there they will make terrible noise. I tought my fan was broken, but in forums it's a often discussed problem.

i bought a pair if SP120 because they are cheap and hyped, i was totally disappointed. They are not bad, but compared to 20€ fans...they just suck, there is more to noise than DB(a) if it's not a clean and even sound it's way more annoying - at least for me. You may want to look into be Quiet fans, they have some nice products too.

oh ok thanks, thats an odd issue, yeah, i have the same problem with noise thats why i thought the noctua's were awful, at least on that video while the NB's sound like air moving . i cant get bequiet stuff over here unfortunately.

the only reason why i would go for sp120's instead of NB's is because of those rigs, they look sexy 

Hello everyone!

which are best for heatsinks and radiators and how do they perform while not restricted, i know other noiseblocker fans and they are great but not eloop's, dont know any of the others personally so i'd like to know from someone that has used them, 

thank you

where is that not? im confused lol

I marked it out for you :P Anyways, lets not confuse ourselves more... you got the stats ;)

ohhh ahah thanks, i thought it was on the website and i couldnt find it anywjere :P thanks again for the link

For Unrestricated i wouldnt really go with a fan designed for high static pressure, you wont move as much air as you could with an airflow optimized fan.

For the application your talking about, something like a Cougar Vortex or Noctua NF-F12 would work great, it will be able to voercome some restriction as they have a pretty good ammount of SP, but they are designed so send focused airflow into your case meaning the large volume of air will probably be able to reach your components instead of blowing around in every direction until it finally get to the CPU or GPU from the draw of there fans.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

i know, i wanted to know out of those 3 the best in each category, restricted and unrestricted and the NB's are the best in both