Monitor goes black and says no siganl

jd2195

I have a LG 27MB85Z connected via display port as well as a secondary monitor which is rubbish dell 900p monitor connected via vga. The screen on the LG will randomly go black and say that there is no signal. Most of the time if I turn the monitor off and back on again it will work but sometimes I doesn't and I have to restart my computer to get it work. I have GTX 980 driving both of these monitors. Does anyone have any solutions?

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Check the cables, try other cables. Try hdmi for the lg, and uldate.the drivers

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Have you tried a different cable? Maybe even HDMI or DVI. If that works fine, then your DP cable or the connectors are probably damaged.

Check the cables, try other cables. Try hdmi for the lg, and uldate.the drivers

Have you tried a different cable? Maybe even HDMI or DVI. If that works fine, then your DP cable or the connectors are probably damaged.

The only way I can try a different cable is if I unplug the second monitor, which I don't want to do, until I can get a new cable so I'll guess I will have to get a new cable and try it in a few days.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/