Does not having the graphics card accessories void the warranty?

Francisco Costa
Go to solution Solved by Vypr,

No, they only need the GPU. Accessories are not a requirement to fulfill a warranty claim with Gigabyte.

Hi! I'd like to know if not having the accessories for a graphics card voids the warranty, more specifically if we're dealing with Gigabyte.

Thanks!

Hi! I'd like to know if not having the accessories for a graphics card voids the warranty, more specifically if we're dealing with Gigabyte.

Thanks!

You mean like not having the DVI to VGA stuff you sometimes get with your GPU?

I would assume you need to still include those when you RMA..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No, they only need the GPU. Accessories are not a requirement to fulfill a warranty claim with Gigabyte.

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

Depends if you're doing it through Newegg or an actual RMA through Gigabyte, I think. I doubt Amazon would reject 30-day returns but I've heard so many times, even with graphics cards exclusively, that Newegg will flat-out deny you a refund if you don't have 100% of the package's contents. In some cases, people had sent everything and Newegg fucked up or lied. That caused them to get stuck with a dud product.

Thanks!

Where do you live? In Europe, you don't even need to have the box to RMA it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

You could always try contacting Gigabyte customer support

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Thanks for the answers guys! But are you sure you don't need them?

Submit the request and they'll tell you what to send in. Most of the time they tell you not to send in accessories because they will only ship you the card back. 

the warranty covers the product not the accessories.

I've only ever RMA'd the one gpu and I just sent it off in a shoe box. I kept the free t shirt and other gizmos in the box.

I didn't RMA through the manufacturer though (bfg made it) I sent it to who I bought it off which was ebuyer.com in the UK. they refunded me my money the same day as I sent it as they arranged collection.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb