Headphones fit or not? FT. k712 Pro, hd600, hd650, hd700, ad2000x, ad1000x

Go to solution Solved by Lays,

I have a pair of k712's, I can measure for you gimme a few mins.

TBH k712's are amazing imo, I have somewhat of a big noggin & ears, and they fit great.

I think they will fit, but it will touch the inside of the pads a bit.  There's ~70mm of room inside.  They'll still be quite comfortable though for sure.

i want either the hd600 hd650 hd700, ad1000x, ad2000x or k712 Pro but want the k712 Pro more because i want to try other companies. So i need help with the earcup size, my ears are 74mmx43mm (2.83465inchx1.69291inch) please just measure the earcups height and width(k712 Pro top priority). i think somewhere around 79mmx48mm would be good?

which headphone do you recommend me buy? (hd700 low priority)

also recommend any headphones too!

i also want to know which one sounds most open?

i want either the hd600 hd650 hd700, ad1000x, ad2000x or k712 Pro but want the k712 Pro more because i want to try other companies. So i need help with the earcup size, my ears are 74mmx43mm (2.83465inchx1.69291inch) please just measure the earcups height and width(k712 Pro top priority). i think somewhere around 89mmx48mm would be good?

which headphone do you recommend me buy? (hd700 low priority)

also recommend any headphones too!

Welcome to the forum!

Please remember to follow your topics, and in order for someone to see that you have replied to them, you need to "@" or quote them.

Regarding your question, you can go to each headphone's product page and the specs should be listed on how big the cans are.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The audio technica earcups are not very deep, so that could be a problem. The HD600 & HD650 have pretty deep earcups and they are very comfortable after some time (because the have a high clamping force)
My guess would be that the HD700 are the most comfortable. (i'm not sure what i'm thinking about the akg)

Welcome to the forum!

Please remember to follow your topics, and in order for someone to see that you have replied to them, you need to "@" or quote them.

Regarding your question, you can go to each headphone's product page and the specs should be listed on how big the cans are.

i cant find it i can only find overall size

So out of all the headphones you listed, if you have a big noggin, K712 (and almost all of AKG headphones) will have the highest clamping force, especially on top.

Now my question is, what kind of sound are you looking for with this next purchase? HD600 and HD650 will sound warm and probably the most natural (natural, not neutral) sounding of all.

K712 is what you'd call borderline between neutral and bright, AKG sound sig isn't for everyone mind you, same goes for HD700.

The audio-technicas would be the king in terms of vocal, very open and mid forward but it lacks the punch on low end HD650 has. 

Probably the ADs and the AKG would sound the most open and spacious, for comfort I'd say HD700, the earcup is huge and deep before your ears touches the cloth that covers the driver

So out of all the headphones you listed, if you have a big noggin, K712 (and almost all of AKG headphones) will have the highest clamping force, especially on top.

Now my question is, what kind of sound are you looking for with this next purchase? HD600 and HD650 will sound warm and probably the most natural (natural, not neutral) sounding of all.

K712 is what you'd call borderline between neutral and bright, AKG sound sig isn't for everyone mind you, same goes for HD700.

The audio-technicas would be the king in terms of vocal, very open and mid forward but it lacks the punch on low end HD650 has. 

Probably the ADs and the AKG would sound the most open and spacious, for comfort I'd say HD700, the earcup is huge and deep before your ears touches the cloth that covers the driver

uhhhh...... all this stuff+all monstercat http://i.imgur.com/1LjBZ6w.pngi listen to everything other than classical and jazz i think...

comfort isnt much of an issue for me because im coming from a very uncomfortable headset so pretty much anything will do

post-187048-0-74011500-1423104722.png

The INSIDE of the K712 ear cup is round and measures roughly 60mm x 20mm deep.  The walls are approximately 20mm thick so outside dimension would be 100mm. It's one of the more spacious ear cups I've used too.  The rest of the AKG 7 series likely come very close to these measurements as well (besides the "3D foam" version).  Hope that helps.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

The INSIDE of the K712 ear cup is round and measures roughly 60mm x 20mm deep.  The walls are approximately 20mm thick so outside dimension would be 100mm. It's one of the more spacious ear cups I've used too.  The rest of the AKG 7 series likely come very close to these measurements as well (besides the "3D foam" version).  Hope that helps.

do you recommend it or something else for the types of music i listen to? is it really open sounding? i listen to dubstep and house and that electronic stuff i think mostly more chilled dubstep but i dont think complete chillstep (and monstercat)

post-187048-0-70638800-1423108971.png

post-187048-0-70638800-1423108971.png

The K712 is not a cheap headphone.  I could have chosen many others.  I prefer the AKG "sound" over their competition (that I have heard).  You may not.  That said it's "open sound" is one of the things that AKG are usually highly praised for and one of the reasons I think I favor them.  The K712 has the most bass of any open backed AKG can that I have heard.  The top end is perhaps smoother than some of the earlier models in the family tree, something you either love or hate if you are coming from other AKG open backed cans.  They are VERY detailed and have excellent instrument separation.  They are also the definition of "unforgiving".  They sound superb with really well recorded, mixed and mastered tracks and you won't miss a single thing.  Play a crappy recording and these will politely point out just how bad it stinks.

The Philips Fidelio X2 is also suggested often for bass resolution although I haven't had a chance to try them yet (they sell out very quickly).  

I listen to everything from classical and jazz to classic rock and modern metal, not so much country or gospel.  I listen to a lot of classic rock and electronica, mostly triphop, psybient and old school techno.  Some of my favorite bands would have to include Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Shpongle, The Crystal Method, Infected Mushroom, Rammstein, and Kroke.  Probably the closest I come to dubstep would be Pretty Lights (I really can't stand Skrillex's more dubby stuff).

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

The K712 is not a cheap headphone.  I could have chosen many others.  I prefer the AKG "sound" over their competition (that I have heard).  You may not.  That said it's "open sound" is one of the things that AKG are usually highly praised for and one of the reasons I think I favor them.  The K712 has the most bass of any open backed AKG can that I have heard.  The top end is perhaps smoother than some of the earlier models in the family tree, something you either love or hate if you are coming from other AKG open backed cans.  They are VERY detailed and have excellent instrument separation.  They are also the definition of "unforgiving".  They sound superb with really well recorded, mixed and mastered tracks and you won't miss a single thing.  Play a crappy recording and these will politely point out just how bad it stinks.

The Philips Fidelio X2 is also suggested often for bass resolution although I haven't had a chance to try them yet (they sell out very quickly).  

I listen to everything from classical and jazz to classic rock and modern metal, not so much country or gospel.  I listen to a lot of classic rock and electronica, mostly triphop, psybient and old school techno.  Some of my favorite bands would have to include Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Shpongle, The Crystal Method, Infected Mushroom, Rammstein, and Kroke.  Probably the closest I come to dubstep would be Pretty Lights (I really can't stand Skrillex's more dubby stuff).

yea skrillex is too much i like the light ones. once in a while i need to listen to calmer stuff too...

cant seem to find the Philips Fidelio X2 anywhere

uhh what do you mean by 60x20 if its round?

The AD2000x stock earpads are not very good, it's enough for me to tell people to just go for the 1000x, besides unless you get the 2000x for like $400 there's no way it's worth it over the 1000x, just my two cents.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

uhh what do you mean by 60x20 if its round?

"measures roughly 60mm x 20mm deep"   ;) 

"The INSIDE of the K712 ear cup is round and measures roughly 60mm x 20mm deep."

I should have perhaps clarified?  The "inside of the K712 ear cup", a void, a space, presumably what you are concerned with since you supplied your ear measurements, "is round and measures roughly 60mm" in diameter and "20mm deep."

"The INSIDE of the K712 ear cup is round and measures roughly 60mm x 20mm deep."

I should have perhaps clarified?  The "inside of the K712 ear cup", a void, a space, presumably what you are concerned with since you supplied your ear measurements, "is round and measures roughly 60mm" in diameter and "20mm deep."

so 60mm is too small for me? gosh... i can never find headphones i like that fit other than from sennheiser :/ which sennheisers are the most open if the k712 pro doesnt fit?

so 60mm is too small for me? gosh... i can never find headphones i like that fit other than from sennheiser :/ which sennheisers are the most open if the k712 pro doesnt fit?

AKG's have bigger ear cups than Sennheisers....wtf?

AKG's have bigger ear cups than Sennheisers....wtf?

they do? so they will fit my 74mmx43mm ears? YASS can u measure to make sure? 3Q

TBH k712's are amazing imo, I have somewhat of a big noggin & ears, and they fit great.

I think they will fit, but it will touch the inside of the pads a bit.  There's ~70mm of room inside.  They'll still be quite comfortable though for sure.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

they do? so they will fit my 74mmx43mm ears? YASS can u measure to make sure? 3Q

Well you said sennheisers fit you right? AKG's are bigger, so they will fit you also.

Using my measuring tape, the inside of my 650 pads are 2 and a half inches tall, 1 and a half inches wide. The AKG's are 2 and a half inches tall AND wide, because they are circular while the Senn's are ovular.

thanks!

Well you said sennheisers fit you right? AKG's are bigger, so they will fit you also.

Using my measuring tape, the inside of my 650 pads are 2 and a half inches tall, 1 and a half inches wide. The AKG's are 2 and a half inches tall AND wide, because they are circular while the Senn's are ovular.

my pc 350 se fit thats it. pc 350 se is 8cmx5cm

and before u ask y i bought them its because they're the only ones that actually fit that i could afford