Is this a good pc to run 1080p games and upcoming ones?

TiCKLZ

You need 700W and you should get a 128GB SSD at least. Get something like the Coolermaster 212+ air cooler as well. The 120mm variety of air coolers. They just had 16GB of G.Skill Ares on sale for $100, it was on newegg for a couple of hours. They have the EVGA 750w power supply bronze for $35 after rebate right now. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438025

That's only half true: not many people know this, but even "locked" cpus actually have a little headroom in the multiplier. z-series chipsets allow to raise the multiplier up to the maximum even in non-k cpus. For starters, every cpu that has turbo boost has the potential to run with all cores at the turbo multiplier. Most cpus also allow to raise it a bit more. My core i7 2600, for example, can reach a multiplier of 42 from the base of 34. You won't get 6Ghz out of them, but investing in a cheap aftermarket cooler can make sense.

On LGA1155 you could go +4 from turbo (3.8 is default turbo, so 4.2 would be +4).

On LGA1150 that's been removed.

You need 700W and you should get a 128GB SSD at least. Get something like the Coolermaster 212+ air cooler as well. The 120mm variety of air coolers. They just had 16GB of G.Skill Ares on sale for $100, it was on newegg for a couple of hours. They have the EVGA 750w power supply bronze for $35 after rebate right now. 

Apreciate that but I can't look at that prices cause I'm from Portugal and the cost of every piece it's a lot diferent here, also I can't buy the SSD right now cause I'm on a budget of 750/800€ and with the 600W PSU I'm already a little above 800€.

i'd maybe drop down to a 4670/4590  and invest the difference in a better PSU than the CX600, The R9 290 will perform like a beast at 1080P anyway too :D, and since LGA1150 is new, if you find in a few years you want more CPU horsepower then...yeah, but i dont see what would be so wrong with a 4670 or 4590.

but ethier which way with a big high performance expensive gaming rig i would definately get a very very good PSU to go with it, dont want those 700-800 Euros going down the drain.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

i'd maybe drop down to a 4670/4590  and invest the difference in a better PSU than the CX600, The R9 290 will perform like a beast at 1080P anyway too :D, and since LGA1150 is new, if you find in a few years you want more CPU horsepower then...yeah, but i dont see what would be so wrong with a 4670 or 4590.

but ethier which way with a big high performance expensive gaming rig i would definately get a very very good PSU to go with it, dont want those 700-800 Euros going down the drain.

I agree, and I will definitely going to spend an extra money in the PSU for it cuz I don't want to buy an extinguisher instead lol :D

No to that PSUm its a fire hazard

Agreed

OP - Look into Seasonic or Corsair otherwise you will regret it deeply.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

On LGA1155 you could go +4 from turbo (3.8 is default turbo, so 4.2 would be +4).

On LGA1150 that's been removed.

oh. scratch that then.

I DIDN'T GIVE YOU YOUR RING TO CONTRADICT ME THOUGH

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Agreed

I'm thinking about Corsair CX500 80+ but I'm really worry about it cause I don't know if that's going to be enough for it. Just went to the CoolerMaster Power Supply calculator and the minimum is 440W but I searched a bit more and theres people saying that 600/700W its better because of the power consumption of the GPU. Don't know what to choose now.

I'm thinking about Corsair CX500 80+ but I'm really worry about it cause I don't know if that's going to be enough for it. Just went to the CoolerMaster Power Supply calculator and the minimum is 440W but I searched a bit more and theres people saying that 600/700W its better because of the power consumption of the GPU. Don't know what to choose now.

I put your system in the eXtreme psu calculator and got about 507W from it, i think for safety sakes i'd go 600W, minding in future incase you'd wake up wanting to add a extra hard drive or anything else + it's nice to have a little headroom.

Agreed

may i add Super Flower/EVGA (Newer units),XFX And Maybe Antec (Delta Units)?? i'm not too keen on CWT Corsair Units tbh.

sorry to the OP if we are frying your brains out.

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

He doesn't need 700W for a single R9 290 and a locked i5. A good quality 500/550W would do fine.

I put your system in the eXtreme psu calculator and got about 507W from it, i think for safety sakes i'd go 600W, minding in future incase you'd wake up wanting to add a extra hard drive or anything else + it's nice to have a little headroom.

may i add Super Flower/EVGA (Newer units),XFX And Maybe Antec (Delta Units)?? i'm not too keen on CWT Corsair Units tbh.

I would look into XFX since they are built by Seasonic anyway.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

PSU calculator websites are never accurate.

The result that you got it's with the system in heavy load?

I think 600W it's the best option cause I want an SSD in the future and probably some couple of fans to keep things running smoothly.

That's fine, I really apreciate your help in this :D

The result that you got it's with the system in heavy load?

I think 600W it's the best option cause I want an SSD in the future and probably some couple of fans to keep things running smoothly.

That's fine, I really apreciate your help in this :D

yeah :D, i think i had it at the default 90% load.

yeah :D, i think i had it at the default 90% load.

Nice! Really apreciate your help so here, take a cookie :D

cookie.jpg

Nice! Really apreciate your help so here, take a cookie :D

cookie.jpg

NYOMYNOMYNOMNYOMNYOMNYOMNYOM

>8D

though i havent reccomended a PSU so far yet o3o, unsure if something like the Superflower Golden Green HX or Seasonic M12ii/S12 would be good or something

though this has been a lot of talk about the PSU. in general your system should kick some serious ass at 1080P, Lot of GPU horsepower and it's got enough horsepower with the i5 too :].