installation of gpu and network adapter

Go to solution Solved by brob,

so just to be 100%, i will be able to install the gpu in the pci express x16 slot and still be able to put the adapter in the pci express slot the is under it?

NO! The gpu is a dual slot card and the cooler will be over the PCIe x1 slot. If you need a WiFi adapter you will either have to find one that is PCI or go with USB. There is little to no performance difference. Or find a suitable motherboard with a different arrangement of expansion slots.

CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core  

Motherboard MSI A58M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+  

Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600  

Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM  

Video Card Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB  

Case Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower  

Power Supply EVGA 500W ATX12V / EPS12V  

Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1

with this build, will the gpu, once pluged into the pci express x16 lot, cover up the pci express spot beneath it (where i would need to plug in my network adapter? i dont want to order the parts and not be able to use my wireless adapter if i cant fit it into the express slot under the gpu. So will i have room, or should i just go with a network adapter that is regualar pci and not pci express? is there a difference in performance?

You have more then just that pci express slot, i wouldn't worry 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

with this build, will the gpu, once pluged into the pci express x16 lot, cover up the pci express spot beneath it (where i would need to plug in my network adapter? i dont want to order the parts and not be able to use my wireless adapter if i cant fit it into the express slot under the gpu. So will i have room, or should i just go with a network adapter that is regualar pci and not pci express? is there a difference in performance?

No it will not, the GPU is a dual slot card, so will not obstruct the PCI lane below it. 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

No it will not, the GPU is a dual slot card, so will not obstruct the PCI lane below it. 

so just to be 100%, i will be able to install the gpu in the pci express x16 slot and still be able to put the adapter in the pci express slot the is under it?

Correct. Please mark as answered if it has been done.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

NO! The gpu is a dual slot card and the cooler will be over the PCIe x1 slot. If you need a WiFi adapter you will either have to find one that is PCI or go with USB. There is little to no performance difference. Or find a suitable motherboard with a different arrangement of expansion slots.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

You know what, your absolutely right. I don't know what I was even looking at when I looked at the picture first time, probably the PCI lane. Totally my mistake.

My sincerest apologies, won't happen again.  :P

that what i thought, and i actually desided to go with the asus a88x pro mobo bc of my athlon x4 860x cpu which needs a bios update out of the box and i dont want to buy another cpu just to flash the new bios. and i did find a tp link pci network adapter. thanks for all the help!