Quickie: There is some order when connecting pinouts?

Jambock
Go to solution Solved by lutro0customs,

All yellow can go back into a yellow 12v spot, and all black can go back into a black ground spot.

They can be moved around but they need to be put in the same spot for the voltage.

Hey folks,

I'm sleeving my OCZ PSU cables. I'll unplug, sleeve and then plug back these yellow 16AWG cables. I'd like to know if there is any right order to plug them back or not.  :rolleyes:

oAxKsoT.jpg

Thanks!

theres no order as long as they all go to the right spot

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would go ahead and mark them just in case, grab a sharpie and put 1 dot on one 2 on the middle, and 3 on the third. Then a dot on the plastic for the first one... Once it is sleeved and installed you wont see the dots.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

As long as you put them back in the right place, it doesn't matter. 

EDIT: If you mean the actual location of the pins, it does matter for the pin-out. In that case, just remove one cable, sleeve it, then put it back and do the next. 

Pardon my ignorance,

So, if before I had my cables for example coming out from A pluged in 3 (A3), B1 and C4 there wouldn't be no problem connecting them in A1, B3, C4?

4nF7xDj.png

Pardon my ignorance,

So, if before I had my cables for example coming out from A pluged in 3 (A3), B1 and C4 there wouldn't be no problem connecting them in A1, B3, C4?

4nF7xDj.png

I suggest volt metering your PSU end to get a good map of the pinout on that end or finding a diagram online the only ones you need to worry the arrangement of are in the 24 pin where there is the PSU on, -12V line, power OK, and 5V SB.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs

All yellow can go back into a yellow 12v spot, and all black can go back into a black ground spot.

They can be moved around but they need to be put in the same spot for the voltage.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]