Best $100 Headphones

Guest Philosophy

I need headphones (Mine broke). I want the best ones for $100. If it matters, I have had Bose Quiet Comforts, Sennheiser HD 280 Pros and Sennheiser In Ears. What would be best for me? 

Audio technica M40x, Audio Technica AD500x, HD518, AKG k612 used (if you're lucky you'll get em around ~100-130) maybe pioneer SE-A1000 as well.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

ATH M40X would be great for you IMO

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I need headphones (Mine broke). I want the best ones for $100. If it matters, I have had Bose Quiet Comforts, Sennheiser HD 280 Pros and Sennheiser In Ears. What would be best for me? 

There is no better headphone than this at that price. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones/guest

Monster NPulse NCredible Over Ear, if you can still find them at around $100

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Did you when read the OP, or are you just linking stuff because you can...

Did you when read the OP ? It is in the 100 price range if that is what you are talking about, headphones worth a lot more being sold at that price. I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Did you when read the OP ? It is in the 100 price range if that is what you are talking about, headphones worth a lot more being sold at that price. I'm not the only one who thinks that.

What fantastic world do you live in where $200 is $100? A just because its a good deal, is not a reason to just double a budget, its a budget for a reason, you stay in the budget....

This could get good.

oh bby, if only I wasn't headed to bed right no. It would be. 

Too bad the identical 518 is within budget and 558 is much closer.

What fantastic world do you live in where $200 is $100? A just because its a good deal, is not a reason to just double a budget, its a budget for a reason, you stay in the budget....

oh bby, if only I wasn't headed to bed right no. It would be. 

Nighty night.

You know is not like he is going to buy whatever I tell him to, just giving him an option. It may be a little of the price he was looking for, he'll figure it out.

Be careful when giving some good advice, the emo hasn't gone to sleep yet. btw those are great !

You know is not like he is going to buy whatever I tell him to, just giving him an option. It may be a little of the price he was looking for, he'll figure it out.

You came to my dealership and asked for a $10'000 car, and I point you to the nearest $20'000 car and say "Figure it out" 

I would expect to be punched in the face...

And for reference, the HD558 is an overpriced HD518, and still out of budget.

tCUILYS.png

Dang you've already go so many replies, I feel like my input would be worthless here. 

Good luck OP. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Dang you've already go so many replies, I feel like my input would be worthless here. 

Good luck OP. 

If it means anything, I trust your opinion...

If it means anything, I trust your opinion...

Ok ok, I'll try to help I guess.

Lets start with a simple question, what type of music do you listen to most often? Are you looking for a headphone that fits a certain music genre? Perhaps something that's open back? Or closed?

A headphone that's highly durable?  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ok ok, I'll try to help I guess.

Lets start with a simple question, what type of music do you listen to most often? Are you looking for a headphone that fits a certain music genre? Perhaps something that's open back? Or closed?

A headphone that's highly durable?  

Closed back, I listen to Indie Rock, Alt Rock and Modern Blues. The more durable the better...

Closed back, I listen to Indie Rock, Alt Rock and Modern Blues. The more durable the better...

7506 or SRH440's, both are nice.

Hmm I haven't really listened to rock as of late. I do however know the ATH-M50s which you might be able to nab at $100 on sale is good for rock music, it's not very good for monitoring even though their marketed as a monitoring headphone. 

Other notable Headphones:

KRK KNS8400

Sony MDR7506

Hmm I haven't really listened to rock as of late. I do however know the ATH-M50s which you might be able to nab at $100 on sale is good for rock music, it's not very good for monitoring even though their marketed as a monitoring headphone. 

Other notable Headphones:

KRK KNS8400

Sony MDR7506

For your personal future reference, the M40x sounds the same as the M50(x), cost less, and has a removable cable.

Well, even if he didn't help the OP out with the AKGK7XX recommendation, he has me looking at them, so thank you.

Are the AKG7XXs a good upgrade over the Superlux HD668Bs?  Should I buy a DAC/AMP such as the FiiO E10K(or something else in the $75-$125 range) to pair with the AKGs?

Do you think maybe the FiiO E10K DAC/AMP alone could improve sound quality on my HD668Bs?

To the OP, if you don't want to spend a full $100, the Superlux HD668Bs are incredible for $30-$50, and there are a lot of people on the internet that feel the same way.  I paid $30 for mine on Massdrop.  Then purchased some Velour earpads for $15 on eBay to give it an extra layer of comfort, well worth it, but the stock earpads are by no means bad.  I like them so much I even bought a 2nd pair as a gift.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."