Vulkan to be shown at GDC

Humbug

OOOOOH YUS!

Get hype for linux games :)

But the great first step was Valve releasing the DirectX - OpenGL software last year.

This is cool, I hope :)

nope because Linux is stupid for the average consumer.

inb4 someone tries to convince me sudo apt-get install "input whatever it is" is easier then clicking a link on windows after searching the same thing.

PS: I was kinda onboard with ubuntu for my htpc until I decided to install graphic drivers.

nope because the average consumer is too stupid for Linux.

FTFY

You usually don't need to sudo apt-get install things, you can just go to the software manager, look for whatever you need and click the "install" button

FTFY

You usually don't need to sudo apt-get install things, you can just go to the software manager, look for whatever you need and click the "install" button

That has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with lazyness and quality of life.

Within the next four months.

80623-Snape-my-body-is-ready-gif-Img-r3m

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

lets see how many games will support each API for now ..... DX 12 ( Fable Legend, Gears of War Ultimate PC, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Ashes of Singularity, maybe SW Battlefront, Witcher 3 and Batman AK have dx 12 patch coming, a probably more to come) .... Vulkan ( 0 )... dont get me wrong... its a great API... but it will come out god knows when... by then DX 12 will be used by pretty much all the major devs... so i think... it might end up just like Mantle... its going to support few games here and there  ... but nothing major... but where it is going to shine are mobiles and tablets ... 

valve will eventually make games for it.. but if all the big engines support it then its not hard interms of manhours to port the game across

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

That has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with lazyness and quality of life.

This argument could be applied to prebuilt pcs as well ...

This argument could be applied to prebuilt pcs as well ...

Except that with prebuilts you get something lesser for a bigger price tag, with windows you get something better for a bigger price tag. There are situations for which linux is better then windows but not for the average consumer.

Except that with prebuilts you get something lesser for a bigger price tag, with windows you get something better for a bigger price tag. There are situations for which linux is better then windows but not for the average consumer.

In your last post you were talking about lazyness and quality of life.

And everyone seems to know exactly what the average customer needs and it it's always what suits the argument bests.

How much of that which Windows presumably offers over Linux does the average customer use? The average customer just uses a webbrowser and the games the average customer plays are Facebook apps. Linux is perfectly able to do that, Windows is bloated for that purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

nope because Linux is stupid for the average consumer.

inb4 someone tries to convince me sudo apt-get install "input whatever it is" is easier then clicking a link on windows after searching the same thing.

PS: I was kinda onboard with ubuntu for my htpc until I decided to install graphic drivers.

lol, all of this is true. Graphics drivers are totally shitful on linux but they're getting there. Also, I would never try and convince someone that sudo apt-get install is easier than clinking on a link to download and then clicking on the program to install. But it does make the process about 10x more safe. Using trusted repos means that you are unlikely to get a virus.

Linux has a long way to go before the average consumer will want to use it but I believe it will make it, I have faith in the devs. But it certainly doesn't help that there are about a million different distros.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.