ps3 emulator?

origx36

hey,

is there any way that i can emulat a ps3 game on my pc?

i really want to play "the last of us" but im not going to buy a console for one game

hey,

is there any way that i can emulat a ps3 game on my pc?

i really want to play "the last of us" but im not going to buy a console for one game

That will likely never happen.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I had a quick look yesterday for the same reason. I found this... http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/playstation3/rpcs3.html

I havent tried it yet though. And watch out, there are a LOT of fakes about.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

chances are they will bring it out for xbox one and ps4 and since they are based on the x86 architecture there is a greater chance there will be emulators...also there was an article that there were xbox one games running off  a pc with nvidia gpus at some show...idk which

Odds are incredibly high that all PS3 emulators are fake. Same goes for Xbox 360. I tried it, the download was a multi-layered .rar with the last one requiring a password only obtaining by taking part in a pyramid-scheme style survey.

Too much effort.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Why do you need a ps3 emulator? most every game for it are on pc and only like 3 or 4 arent.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

For the last of us, but i thought it was only for ps4??

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

The Last of Us is PS3 only for now, no word on if it'll be available on PS4.

Personally, I think a PS3 is worth getting for: Uncharted Trilogy and The Last of Us. 4 really good games.

Not to mention PS+ and the free games.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Why do you need a ps3 emulator? most every game for it are on pc and only like 3 or 4 arent.

i need it for 

the last of us

i need it for 

the last of us

Oh. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Remember that the coding for ps3 is messed up so porting would be crazy hard, why do you think many ports from xbox to ps3 are bad.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Have you tried the one i linked? Thats a reputable community.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

There are no emulators for the PS3 (I've looked). I'd pay a fair bit of money to have official current gen console emulators for PC.

You can grab a USED PS3 for fairly cheap if you look around.

Wait about a month and The Last of Us will be sold cheap used as the game doesn't have much replay value.

Chris230291, That "Emulator" can run ONLY a small handful of PS3 homebrew apps.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Probably not going to happen in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii is the last game console to see a functioning emulator (but I'd welcome them ofc).

There are no emulators for the PS3 (I've looked). I'd pay a fair bit of money to have official current gen console emulators for PC.

You can grab a USED PS3 for fairly cheap if you look around.

Wait about a month and The Last of Us will be sold cheap used as the game doesn't have much replay value.

Chris230291, That "Emulator" can run ONLY a small handful of PS3 homebrew apps.

Arh yeah i see. It actually says haha  :blush:

From what I've heard the PS3 is stupidly hard to program for just from the way it's Cell processor works. If devs still can't get their heads around it perfectly now I doubt there can be an emulator for it.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

^ It had its advantages though. Once developers figured out how to use it properly they could achieve superior things to what they could on the Xbox. Just a shame that the disastrously terrible piece of rubbish that is the RSX let the system down.

There are currently, and probably will not be for a very long time, any emulators available for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Your best bet is to buy an older generation model second hand, as they are remarkably cheap nowadays and there is a decent selection of exclusive titles to play.

Uncharted, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, The Last Of Us, Metal Gear Solid 4 and MotorStorm would be my reasons to buy one. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Uncharted, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, The Last Of Us, Metal Gear Solid 4 and MotorStorm would be my reasons to buy one. :)

No. Just no.

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. I (and many others) believe Gran Turismo 5 to be the best racing simulator currently available, and would recommend it to anyone interested in buying a PlayStation.

If you believe that, then it's proof you don't play many racing games, lmao. GT5 was slammed by fans and critics alike (the reason I bought a PS3 was for that game, and even I couldn't sugar coat the mess it was).

:) You shouldn't jump to so many conclusions when given such little information. I've played many racing games before.

I've not seen this criticism you speak of. After a quick look online, the vast majority of critics seem to give it either 4 or 5 stars. I don't use negative feedback from fans as a basis of judging a game, as it's much the same as Linus says about electronic devices - those with a problem tend to voice their opinion strongly whilst those without tend to say nothing.

I see nothing wrong with liking Gran Turismo 5. It's a well-made game with excellent driving physics, fantastic graphics (for a console game) and great features. What exactly is wrong with it, other than the slightly subpar menu system?

:) You shouldn't jump to so many conclusions when given such little information. I've played many racing games before.

I've not seen this criticism you speak of. After a quick look online, the vast majority of critics seem to give it either 4 or 5 stars. I don't use negative feedback from fans as a basis of judging a game, as it's much the same as Linus says about electronic devices - those with a problem tend to voice their opinion strongly whilst those without tend to say nothing.

I see nothing wrong with liking Gran Turismo 5. It's a well-made game with excellent driving physics, fantastic graphics (for a console game) and great features. What exactly is wrong with it, other than the slightly subpar menu system?

You either don't play it at a high level, or you ignore the competition. Either excuse is fine, but many things that were promised in prologue were cut from the final game, including the bone-headed decision to split the car models into TWO DIFFERENT QUALITY CLASSES. 80% of the cars looked worse than their PS2 renders, and the other 20% were dead once you realized the promised destruction engine didn't make the cut. It pained me to admit this, but it must be done, fellow racing fan. Forza. Say it with me once. Forza. Be at peace child.

The odds of a PS3 emulator coming out soon and actually working well is probably not likely.

You would really be better off trying to buy a cheap PS3, perhaps second hand especially after the PS4 comes out.

You either don't play it at a high level, or you ignore the competition. Either excuse is fine, but many things that were promised in prologue were cut from the final game, including the bone-headed decision to split the car models into TWO DIFFERENT QUALITY CLASSES. 80% of the cars looked worse than their PS2 renders, and the other 20% were dead once you realized the promised destruction engine didn't make the cut. It pained me to admit this, but it must be done, fellow racing fan. Forza. Say it with me once. Forza. Be at peace child.

Please drop the condescending tone. We simply have a difference of opinion here, there's no need to be hostile.

We are getting off topic anyway, and this is of little help to the OP. Even if he is interested in racing games, he may not be interested in playing at a 'high level'. I suggest we stop discussing this and endeavour to contribute something that may help him out more. If you really want to continue discussing which is better, perhaps you could create a separate thread for it?