ITX Architecture

GregEl

looks good. only thing i dont like is that you covered half the milled plate with some white tape/vinyl ish stuff but oh well it is your build :) ! really good job it looks cool

looks good. only thing i dont like is that you covered half the milled plate with some white tape/vinyl ish stuff but oh well it is your build :) ! really good job it looks cool

Thanks!

If the plate looked like it was factory made, did not have imperfections and did not have ugly silver screws I wouldn't have covered it. This was my first attempt doing something like this. I drilled and made the threads by hand without proper tools. I even had leaks and changed the o-ring cord for the plate.

The ideal plate for this build in my opinion would have been clear acrylic (maybe one sandblast vinyl or none if the waterblocks where clear), blue screws, fully cnc made (or at least with better/more tools) positioned extra 5cm away.

2GTech Maker Hub
Youtube||Facebook||Twitter

Freaking awesome, yet i find myself disappointed with the "watercooling routing plate", don't get me wrong I respect the tremendous talent, time and dedication put in the whole project. If it were me designing the face plate, i would have routed the water in more evident honey comb design, as that's the base theme. You could also put on a vinyl wrap with an image and still keep the routing visible if you want.

Just my unimportant idea-pinion.

anyway nice work! 

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

Freaking awesome, yet i find myself disappointed with the "watercooling routing plate", don't get me wrong I respect the tremendous talent, time and dedication put in the whole project. If it were me designing the face plate, i would have routed the water in more evident honey comb design, as that's the base theme. You could also put on a vinyl wrap with an image and still keep the routing visible if you want.

Just my unimportant idea-pinion.

anyway nice work! 

Thanks!

As I said before I agree that the routing plate could be better. Other parts of the case could have been better thought out and designed too. Modular design, customizability etc. I had many ideas for the build. Vinyl designed like a circuit board traces with hexagon nodes (honeycomb theme) blue on the white panels and/or white on clear panels and the blue 3D printed parts. I also thought of doing more 3D printing to cover the GPU and cover other hardware too like the top of the radiator or the back IO for cable management. Internal LED strips designed to appear like light bars with modding cubes at the ends for subtle lighting. In the end I thought of this build as something to try new and different things for me (custom cnc work and 3D printing) and so I decided to make the ideas I considered necessary. For me it was important to have a functional plate and hide any imperfections. The build would have been a lot different if I had more time (Cooler Master contest deadline is the 30th of April), more money, more tools and more experience.

2GTech Maker Hub

Thanks!

If the plate looked like it was factory made, did not have imperfections and did not have ugly silver screws I wouldn't have covered it. This was my first attempt doing something like this. I drilled and made the threads by hand without proper tools. I even had leaks and changed the o-ring cord for the plate.

The ideal plate for this build in my opinion would have been clear acrylic (maybe one sandblast vinyl or none if the waterblocks where clear), blue screws, fully cnc made (or at least with better/more tools) positioned extra 5cm away.

didn't parvum make that plate? 

i got a milled acrylic plate that i bought from p0pe and it is beautiful! 

Yours truly are too and i just love the milled channels haha. one more thing i would've done differently is the milled channels, i would've made them more sharp edged but that being said i still think the style you've made is very nice.  :)

didn't parvum make that plate? 

i got a milled acrylic plate that i bought from p0pe and it is beautiful! 

Yours truly are too and i just love the milled channels haha. one more thing i would've done differently is the milled channels, i would've made them more sharp edged but that being said i still think the style you've made is very nice.  :)

Nope, unfortunately Parvum stopped responding after a few e-mails, although they were positive at first.
I got my plate made at a local (Athens) cnc shop called "Plexiglass Masters". They were very helpful there.

I remember your plate. p0Pe originally designed that for his build Nr. 5, if I am not mistaken.
I hope to see your build completed soon as well.

2GTech Maker Hub

I laud the work you have put into this but being honest it just looks like a pile of parts being held together by some pretty plastic plates.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Nope, unfortunately Parvum stopped responding after a few e-mails, although they were positive at first.
I got my plate made at a local (Athens) cnc shop called "Plexiglass Masters". They were very helpful there.

I remember your plate. p0Pe originally designed that for his build Nr. 5, if I am not mistaken.
I hope to see your build completed soon as well.

that sucks. sorry to hear that parvum were like that i don't like that. 

nice you got it done somewhere else tho. 

yeah it indeed is. i am currently modding but not updating the log. gotta order the last watercooling parts but economy is tight as a student :lol: