Corsair 550D stock fans

VitalSyntax

I recently upgraded to a Corsair 550D (from an AZZA Hurrican 2000) in an attempt to reduce the noise output of my PC. I also upgraded from the stock Intel heatsink to a Corsair H100i for the same reasons (as well as overclocking). My computer is almost to the point where I can't hear it at all, but the only thing that continues to produce annoying amounts of sound are my 2x GTX 570s. I've even turned the fans down to the lowest settings while still keeping the temps below 80C. I'm wondering if a single GTX 680 would be quieter? I'm using 2x GTX 570 refrence designs from EVGA and am looking at the ASUS direct cu 680 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121635). I wouldn't mind the drop in FPS (if there is any) if there is a significant reduction in noise output. Also if there is a better option for a 680 card that is quieter (would prefer red color scheme).

Also I'm using the 3 stock fans included with the 550D (2 front intake fans, 1 rear exhaust fan) as well as the 2 stock fans included with the H100i. I'm wondering if I'd experience a noticeable temperature difference or noise difference by replacing these fans with something from Noctua or another high end fan option. Although if the difference is only a few degrees I don't think the ~$125 for 5 fans would be worth it.

Anyway thanks for your time, I'm new to the forums as well as silent oriented PC builds, so... yeah...

I know that the fans in 550D do generate a decent amount of noise, and so do the stock H100i fans, i think like 37DBA if I'm not mistaken. But no doubt, those reference 570s must be loud, if you're going for the red/black colour scheme then go for the Asus card, I've heard it's pretty quiet. I would recommend switching out your case and radiator fans in the future though, that is if you want a totally silent PC.

My PC:

• Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
  • Motherboard: MSI Z77A GD65
  • CPU: Intel i5 3570K
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz Kingston HyperX Blu 4gb 1600mhz
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce OC
  • Storage: x2 OCZ Vertex 4 256gb in RAID0
  • Power Supply: Corsair TX750M