AMD Zen (update)

Doobeedoo

Although the new floating specs rumor/leak concerning the 390X having 6144 SPs is scaring me. The 380x already has an AIO cooling solution. How the bloody Hell is AMD supposed to make a dual GPU flagship out of such a monstrous chip?

If the 4096 SP SiSoft validations (which got a new validation Jan 22, 2015) prove to be the R9 380X then Nvidia is in a lot of trouble. Especially if this card hits the market within the same price bracket as the GTX 980. What escapes me is why would we be seeing rumored validations of the R9 390X and nothing for the R9 380X which is supposedly due out sooner (unless these are the R9 380X). Rumor also has it that the R9 380X die is 550mm in size compared to 438mm that of Hawaii. I guess we will find out some time around Computex 2015.

Isn't Nolan/Amur and Skybridge the same thing?

Nolan is the 20nm successor to Beema (notebooks). And Amur is the 20nm successor to Mullins (cell phones and tablets).

BUT WILL IT BE PCIE 3.0 OR 2.0?!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Sweet, I was thinking of buying a 4790K next year but I guess I'll wait for AMD's CPUs!

I really hope they don't have integrated graphics like intel's processors.

>next year

Mate broadwell I7s will be out in just a few months, skylake not long after that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Upgrading my PC this summer. Going to have to go Intel for any reasonable difference from my 8320. If ZEN wrecks what I get this summer, I'll head back to AMD.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

BUT WILL IT BE PCIE 3.0 OR 2.0?!

Of course it'll have PCI-E 3.0. Why wouldn't it? I'm genuinely curious why you had to ask that.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Although the new floating specs rumor/leak concerning the 390X having 6144 SPs is scaring me. The 380x already has an AIO cooling solution. How the bloody Hell is AMD supposed to make a dual GPU flagship out of such a monstrous chip?

360mm rad and/or just waterblock for custom water loop ? Yeah, it won't be pretty, but then again - if it would destroy any other option on market , then there will be interest. 

Especially if they could provide similiar solution to sliVR , there will be a niche that would buy if Oculus launch rumours are true. 

Then again, I find it hard to believe.

Maybe 380x with AIO would be clocked to max and 390x would have lower clock speeds ?

It's good to speculate but only time will tell. It could be just AMD releasing this rumorus/leaks to hold people off from buying Maxwell.

Either way , I'm really looking forward to finally some real progress in GPU market .

Is there any confirmation that the 380x will use an AiO reference design?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Unified FM3? So all AMD APUs and CPUs will use just that? Wow! That's big!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Is there any confirmation that the 380x will use an AiO reference design?

no.

Would be great though. Cool and quiet.

Of course it'll have PCI-E 3.0. Why wouldn't it? I'm genuinely curious why you had to ask that.

AMD processors are currently still on PCIE 2.0, if these are totally new processors they'll be on 3.0

AMD processors are currently still on PCIE 2.0, if these are totally new processors they'll be on 3.0

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-a88x-gamer-amd-a88x-s-fm2plus-ddr3-pcie-30-(x16)-quad-crossfirex-vga-dvi-hdmi-atx-with-300-ohm-?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiArqKmBRCOj_qfmuqinnYSJAAkAYwGtMR-2uob6AmelnzYJTmU_nwjGy-a2kXTjZr4sRLgwxoCRYnw_wcB

FM2+ is on PCIe3.0

article does state that it will get M2, DDR4, PCIE3, so it will be up to date

That's from a PLX chip on the motherboard. It's PCIE 2.0 bandwith at PCIE 3.0 speeds or something like that so they can sell it as PCIE 3.0

With Skylake-E getting PCIe 4 (yay more lanes left open for PCIe-based storage!), I hope AMD makes the jump to it. I just wish Zen wasn't so late into the 2016 cycle. It means Skylake will have taken much of the market by then, and Skylake K will have either launched the previous quarter or will launch to create greater pressure on AMD. Also Skylake-E won't be far off then either.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That's from a PLX chip on the motherboard. It's PCIE 2.0 bandwith at PCIE 3.0 speeds or something like that so they can sell it as PCIE 3.0

FM2+ has native 3.0 support.