Dual cores for emulation

zappian

Alright, I have never emulated PS2 so I wouldn't know (I have a dual core processor too).

I would be interested.

I emulated the PS2 game Champions of Norrath on my i5 4690K and Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, my framerate fluctuated from 40ish to 100. (Probably would be higher on other games as I had to use software mode of directx11 instead of hardware to get the game to work right)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Very few people will be interested or care about your content, especially on something that's already been well covered, sweetie. 

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Who cares about resoluton really

After all, it is only a number.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Pcx2 demanding games .

PCSX2 works pretty darn well and AFKAIK only uses 2 threads - one for each SPU.

Sig under construction.

PSXC2 is literal GPU torture.

It rapes my 980 and throws it aside like a crusty hoe.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

PSXC2 is literal GPU torture.

It rapes my 980 and throws it aside like a crusty hoe.

Well, I'm fine with my 680 and 4670k...

Sig under construction.

Well, I'm fine with my 680 and 4670k...

I emulate crash bandicoot (1920x1080, AA on)

I get like 35 FPS.

meks me cri evritim

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Thats the less demanding pcx2 game available.

Something like shadow of colossus brings high end cpus to their knees.

Whats your vote currently its 3/2 are you interested in a video of this kind or no?

Oh my lord that thing destroys everything you throw at it.

Still to this day, no one knows how they did it on a PS2..

Oh my lord that thing destroys everything you throw at it.

Still to this day, no one knows how they did it on a PS2..

My point exactly.

Some ps2 games have ludicrous requirements for emulation.

From the pcx2 wiki

CPU Requirements

The game's performance varies significantly depending on the CPU being used to run it. PCSX2 runs better on Intel CPU's than their AMD equivalents, and so does Shadow of the Colossus. However, AMD CPUs are more appropriately designed for gaming PC's and often represent good value for money when it comes to price vs performance in general.

Standards for Maximum Performance

To achieve 60 frames-per-second, your CPU must meet all of the following requirements and have the necessary speedhacks enabled.

• The CPU must be an Intel-brand; not AMD
  • Due to architectural improvements, the CPU should utilize the latest Micro-architecture in the series
  • The Clock speed must be over 4.0 GHz (The only Intel CPU with a base clock this high is the i7-4790K. Most other CPUs will need an overclock).
  • VU Cycle Stealing should be set to level 1 or 2

That's a misconception? Never heard of it.

There is , a lot of people think you need a quad core because of the MTVU hack.

Pcx2 demanding games .

Want a demanding as fuck game for PS2? My profile pic.

"Rawr XD"

Actually there is a slight difference between a dual core and quad core of the same architecture, such as the g3258 and the 4670k for an emulator that only uses two cores like dolphin. That difference is brought about by the overhead from the os and other programs that are running besides dolphin. Natural Violence on the dolphin forums did a quick calculation on the difference between a G3258 and a 4670k and it was a little north of ~15% per clock if I remember right for a g3258 ~ 4.5. I can't quite remember the thread he posted this in off the top of my head and the details are srill a little fuzzy.