Intel, Microsoft, Autodesk Creating Life

Opcode

Biological seen not possible, viruses/bacetria always need certains combined to be harmfull, leave one out renders it harmless, adding one can do the same if it intervenes with one of the other genes.

Example:

A virus that creates peneseline(anti bioticum) cant produce it without the ressotant gen against it, but its not possible for it to have genes if im not mistaken. It's always one or the other.

Ontopic:

This kinda reminds me of the plague inc game(steam and phone) im wondering what kind of developments they get out of this in the biotechnological field, should be interesting.

(Biomech's? Borg?)

Then you're apparently not familiar with biological warfare. There's already dozens of viruses in the wild that have no cure. Even worse is taking an existing virus and amplifying its effects on the host. We've had viral infections that have wiped out cities before. All it takes is the contamination of one water source to become a world wide catastrophe.

So, I can reproduce with robots now?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

So would they be able to create like new animals and such, or just stuff like bacteria or viruses?

552e881ad1c8e335aa5f1c93943581a36203f6ab

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Then you're apparently not familiar with chemical warfare. There's already dozens of viruses in the wild that have no cure. Even worse is taking an existing virus and amplifying its effects on the host. We've had viral infections that have wiped out cities before. All it takes is the contamination of one water source to become a world wide catastrophe.

i do like to put chemical(nuking the fk out of each other) warfare on a diffrent sign then biological(viruses etc) warfare.

but that aside, yes there are man made disease's/viruses which are truelly lethal(anthrax) without a proper cure, but that is mostly since these are more aimed at killing ASAP then spreading and reproducing. we have had plague's indeed(black death as example) which where truelly horrible, but they got extinct for some reason, A a cure was found, B humanty adapted(got resistant), or C change in the DNA/genes(which is very common with viruses) but the point i was trying to make(mostly) is that there is always a cure, aslong you are willing to look good enough, these days they even have vaccins of the black death(on ice) just incase is it comes back.

It wouldn't surprise me if the US of A had something to counter anthrax for when they are planning to use it(if it isn't made up bullcrap)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So would they be able to create like new animals and such, or just stuff like bacteria or viruses?

I think the initial idea is the ability to re-program existing life forms to enhance them in some way. A prime example is GloFish which are a genetically modified animal.

Taking things a step further than just splicing DNA and hoping for a positive outcome.

I think the initial idea is the ability to re-program existing life forms to enhance them in some way. A prime example is GloFish which are a genetically modified animal.

Ohh, we did that recently with E. Coli and the GFP, it was very interesting to see that arabinose( form of sugar) was required for the glow, its cool to see this on living animals.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Maybe Autodesk should focusing on making Maya not crash ever 30 minutes.