how to mount a Ek res x3 250 to a 900D?

Go to solution Solved by specik,

I recently completed a watercooled build in a 900D (check it out here). I mounted my res to the right of my motherboard by installing a matte black acrylic motherboard tray that has pre-drilled holes for mounting a res. I bought it from the folks over at ColdZero... they make a bunch of acrylic case parts. 

aamirilliyas123, on 25 Jan 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:aamirilliyas123, on 25 Jan 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

How does that work?????

I cant read apparently, I thought it said rad, but with a res you can drill holes, but You should be able to mount it on the back

17eaac2dfb.png

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Do I have to drill holes or something?

Theres mounting brackets that allow you to mount it to the rads or fan slots. And im pretty sure theres holes in the bottom of the 900D that allow for certain res brackets to be mounted.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

aamirilliyas123, on 25 Jan 2015 - 1:07 PM, said:

They drilled holes and then used the mounting bracket, which is why it is in the middle area.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Any tutorial

@SuperPug

Well you take the bracket put it where you want it to be mark the location of the holes and then drill... Do that with an empty case tho because of the vibrations. Many people use 3M Heavy Duty double sided tape however because it's easier and does the job pretty well.

Go watch singularitycomputers on youtube i think he mounted a res just like that in the 900D...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I mounted mine in the hdd cage on the side. Paired it with pump and top and screwed in with 2 bolts (no modding). Works like a charm.

I recently completed a watercooled build in a 900D (check it out here). I mounted my res to the right of my motherboard by installing a matte black acrylic motherboard tray that has pre-drilled holes for mounting a res. I bought it from the folks over at ColdZero... they make a bunch of acrylic case parts. 

Which one did you buy?

I create free buildlog banners.Want one? Go to my shop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378798-free-buildlog-banner-shop/#entry5119483

dude, I just gotta say, that build is sweet! props man. 

what color coolant are you using? Is it just straight up white, and then it just looks different under UV light, or is it actual UV reactive coolant?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May