I need advice and thoughts on this...

Spewky

Okay,

I've made multiple posts of my planned builds but I seem to be changing when either acquiring more money, hearing news of what's better and what not to get etc and I'm coming very very close to my final decision... If you've seen my posts and you're sick of me and my posts, I'm sorry but I'm new to a lot of this...

Info:

My Budget: $1200-1300 USD

Location: Prefer to not say, but I'm shipping pretty much everything in, other than a couple of things I can get here like my CPU and maybe my cooler... I'm not in the US, though I'm hoping to order things from US websites...

What will I use this for?

Gaming! Pretty much some Steam games and maybe moving toward some other types of games, suggestions would be great!

- I may try and move into a tiny bit of rendering but not extremely fancy things, maybe make some basic wallpaper with some fancy lines...

So yeah, here's my planned build:

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/xSpaceSheepy/saved/rDnj4D

Breakdown:

CPU

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

$219.95       $219.95 SuperBiiz    

CPU Cooler

$129.99 -$20.00 FREE   $109.99 Newegg    

Thermal Compound

$5.56       $5.56 OutletPC    

Motherboard

$120.99 -$10.00     $110.99 SuperBiiz    

Memory

$84.99   FREE   $84.99 Newegg        

Storage

$129.90   prime.gif   $129.90 Amazon    

$80.65 -$5.00     $75.65 OutletPC    

Video Card

$359.99 -$10.00 FREE   $349.99 Newegg    

Case

$119.99       $119.99 NZXT    

Power Supply

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

$84.99 -$20.00     $64.99 NCIX US    

Buy

Total: $1259.00

What's left:

Monitor (need advice on that, my budget for it is around 300 USD, can maybe get 350 USD) - this is a biggy, I need advice on this!

- Speakers (just some small ones that will work well and have good sound, nothing fancy and expensive)

Questions:

- After all this complaining and problems about how GeForce GTX 970's aren't accessing the last 500mb of their said amount, is it still worth me getting it? I mean, I probably won't be able to afford a fancy monitor or something and I doubt I'll be playing super high end games.

- Is it possible to get a 1440 monitor in my budget? I don't need 27" inch but 24"+ is what I'm looking for if possible...

I NEED YOUR ADVICE AND THOUGHTS! SO PLEASE COMMENT AND ALL AND PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN IMPROVE! 

Thanks!

First, get a 1080p monitor, to completely avoid the VRAM issue, + looking at BenQ or Asus are good places to start for monitor's. Other than that your build looks fairly well balanced and should wreck 1080p 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

First, get a 1080p monitor, to completely avoid the VRAM issue, + looking at BenQ or Asus are good places to start for monitor's. Other than that your build looks fairly well balanced and should wreck 1080p 

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I'll take a look and BenQ or Asus.

Would you think using a 1440p monitor would be okay?

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I'll take a look and BenQ or Asus.

Would you think using a 1440p monitor would be okay?

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it....unless you can get a 980 instead

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it....unless you can get a 980 instead

If you know any ways I could fit a 980 in without loosing much performance and staying in budget, please say... I considered that earlier while talking with a friend and the only ones we could find that we thought were good were around $550... So if you know a way that I can shave 200 USD without losing performance, please say..

If you know any ways I could fit a 980 in without loosing much performance and staying in budget, please say... I considered that earlier while talking with a friend and the only ones we could find that we thought were good were around $550... So if you know a way that I can shave 200 USD without losing performance, please say..

Well you could:

- Drop the 240m and get a 212 evo

- Get cheaper RAM

- Drop the SSD

- Get an S340 case instead

- Get a bronze PSU instead

Not sure if that makes up for it, but you could do it

Well you could:

- Drop the 240m and get a 212 evo

- Get cheaper RAM

- Drop the SSD

- Get an S340 case instead

- Get a bronze PSU instead

Not sure if that makes up for it, but you could do it

I can try consider some of that, though I really don't want to drop the SSD and the case I was planning is really good...

As for the cooler, I'm planning to overclock to around 4.2 or 4.3 Ghz and considering more in the future but I want it to stay cool and last long...

The PSU is already really cheap though... 

I can try consider some of that, though I really don't want to drop the SSD and the case I was planning is really good...

As for the cooler, I'm planning to overclock to around 4.2 or 4.3 Ghz and considering more in the future but I want it to stay cool and last long...

The PSU is already really cheap though... 

I don't suggest you actually do it... I would prefer getting a 1080p monitor.. At least until the issue is solved

I don't suggest you actually do it... I would prefer getting a 1080p monitor.. At least until the issue is solved

Okay then. 

I'm off to go research some monitors. 

I can consider the mobo but I was aiming for a colour sceme, black and blue. 

As for the SSD, does it have the same read/write speeds as the M550? I'm gonna see if Crucial have any lower priced SSD that are still good.

H100i, fat chance. After so many reviews and all, no way. 

Memory, going with it, but BLUE version. 

S340, looks good, I'll research it. Would that shave 200USD off so I could get a 980? 

@TheOrdinaryGuy and @soaringchicken, I did some editing and downgrading and look how this went:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/xSpaceSheepy/saved/4tq7YJ

I don't believe it's worth it though... Not as good cooler, not as good case, not as good SSD and I'm not sure it's worth sacrificing all that for a different GPU... What do you think?

@TheOrdinaryGuy and @soaringchicken, I did some editing and downgrading and look how this went:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/xSpaceSheepy/saved/4tq7YJ

I don't believe it's worth it though... Not as good cooler, not as good case, not as good SSD and I'm not sure it's worth sacrificing all that for a different GPU... What do you think?

I would just go with what you came up with first, and if you feel you need more horsepower later down the line... Get another 970

I would just go with what you came up with first, and if you feel you need more horsepower later down the line... Get another 970

Yeah, but the VRAM, not too big of a problem in my opinion...