PC randomly rebooting when playing games

LukeNik
Go to solution Solved by Jetster,

Alright I bought a custom PC and I just got my PC a day or 2 ago and When I play games with high fps it will just reset. 

Specs:

GTX 970 windforce OC
i5 4690 3.3ghz
8Gb of 1866 DDR3 Ram
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H motherboard
1TB HDD
120GB SSD
750w PSU
Windows 8.1

I'm not sure what is happening when I play CSGO I get 300fps and I will get rebooted but when i play Arma 3 at 60fps I'm fine

Try putting on V-Sync. And do you have an OC?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

If I put V-sync on it won't crash and reset but what would cause it to crash 

P.S I was playing in Windowed mode

Event ID=41

Source= Kernel-power

Log=System

It's still doing it I think it maybe software related because my computer was stressed tested overnight when getting built

Event ID=41

Source= Kernel-power

Log=System

It's still doing it I think it maybe software related because my computer was stressed tested overnight when getting built

What's the brand of the PSU ?

What's the brand of the PSU ?

This!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

What way is the fan pointing in your Case, if its pointing down make sure there is plenty of breathing room, if not then point the fan up, i had this when i moved my PC from on my desk to my floor (which is carpet) the feet of the PC sunk into the carpet and the fan couldn't draw air so the power supply was overheating :)

RIG SPECS: Corsair 800D case, MSI Z77 Big Bang Motherboard, i7 3770K @ 4.5Ghz with a H100i cooling it, 2x MSI NVIDIA GTX 970, 16GB PC3-14400 Ballistix Tracer, Corsair AX850 power supply, 3x 2TB WD HDD's, HyperX 120GB SSD. Monitor: 1x 27" ASUS Swift PG278Q & 2 x illyama prolite 24"

Aerocool

It's not the best out there in terms of quality but not the worst either.

But if it's only happening while gaming I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Sounds like power supply Overdraw. 750W should be enough but maybe its faulty somewhere.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Check temperatures, change immediately that PSU for a 650W from Corsair (rm series) or CoolerMaster (vSm series)

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

I think it was overheating the bottom vent for my PC was getting covered by carpet I put it somewhere else and it hasn't crashed since if it lasts a day without crashing I think I fixed the problem

I think it was overheating the bottom vent for my PC was getting covered by carpet I put it somewhere else and it hasn't crashed since if it lasts a day without crashing I think I fixed the problem

Sounds good! Let us know if it crashes again.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it still crashes but it happens less and seem to happen mostly when i'm playing online

Yeah it still crashes but it happens less and seem to happen mostly when i'm playing online

This is potentially dangerous. Don't play with PSU's.

Replace it with something more efficient that won't cause much heat.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

It's not heat so what could it be it maybe software related any ideas but worse case scenario I take it back to the shop and for a week or two

Ok so now it's probably the PSU. Can't think of something else... sorry.

Maybe you can check if your RAM is ok just to be sure. Run memtest or something.

Most likely its a driver that need updating. Or punk buster.

how do i fix punk buster i think that might be the problem