Asus R9 290x Temps.

Soaked

Something strange happened. After playing assassin's creed: unity on ultra and getting like 50fps and peaking 81C. My GPU idles around 40C now instead of the original 30-35C that I had before I played that game. Is this supposed to happen? Is it possible the thermal paste loss some of it's durability because of the heat peak? Trying to figure out a way to get my GPU back to that temp lol, it runs 10C higher now on CS:GO too from 50C. I have no idea but yeah I know it can run at 94C but I want dem temps man.

Edit: Oh and I plugged a DVI cable into my GPU for the first time yesterday, dropped my case like 20cm not sure if relevant.

build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Soaked/saved/CwWPxr

Not sure.. is this all in one session? could your case simply have heated up? 

I ont think changing the paste out would do any harm if you have some lying around. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

ya like Nup said check your case maybe you had a box in front of it or something. maybe do a good dusting also. 

This is after I turned off my computer, turned off the PSU overnight to sleep. Case is completely cool. Only played for like less than an hour then I saw my temps and stopped lol. @Nup

This is after I turned off my computer, turned off the PSU overnight to sleep. Case is completely cool. Only played for like less than an hour then I saw my temps and stopped lol. @Nup

Damn, well ELSknutson's idea of a good dusting would probably go a long way :) 

Although it rise was quite fast, which is hard to figure out.  If you do change the TIM, let me know what the change is like :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

are the fans on your card spinning properly?

are the fans on your card spinning properly?

Yeah I just checked physically both are spinning and they spin at 20% on idle which isn't any different from when I had 30 - 35C. I did some dusting and it went down 2-3C. Maybe it's because I just turned it on who knows. I did just build this like a week ago lol.

I think it's fine now thanks guys sitting around 37C, was just worried the thermal paste was deteriorating. @ELSknutson & @Nup

ya NP either way your temps look fine the 290x acts like a small heater so unless your card is creeping in the 90's i wouldn't worry too much.