Alienware in Windows 10 Event

LargeBanana
is alienware "that" powerful that Windows/Microsoft choose to use it in one of their biggest event?

2b26d594c56818ac478a8e3f06153598.png

No, it's obviously product placement

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

No, they just paid the most money

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

is alienware "that" powerful that Windows/Microsoft choose to use it in one of their biggest event?

I assume alienware provided the PCs for microsoft so they get free advertising

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

so it's mostly just for advertising or things that doesn't concern raw horse power?

i've once read in a forum that getting that kind of part would be as expensive as alienware get plus a few dollars, is that a mislead?

No, it's obviously product placement

No, they just paid the most money

I assume alienware provided the PCs for microsoft so they get free advertising

so it's mostly just for advertising or things that doesn't concern raw horse power?
i've once read in a forum that getting that kind of part would be as expensive as alienware get plus a few dollars, is that a mislead?

I have no idea what you're asking, but alienware is overpriced in general. 

Alienware has the same components as anyone else, they might customise PCBs from time to time to fit a certain form factor but not for added performance, they make powerful machines but you pay a premium for their time in both design and assembly. These days its just Dells gamer focused branding.

what? that question makes no sense

Are you asking if alienware are overpriced? if so, yes just like most prebuilts

basically, microsoft get a free computer to use for demonstration, alienware get prominent advertising during a major event

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Because you need power to run Windows?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Because you need power to run Windows?

Technically yes :D 

Try running it on a 3mhz processor

and power = electricity :D

i see that i make no sense, but i've got my answer from you guys. thanks anyway.

At work we use Alienware systems, because they are they are actually solid systems, quite compared to other brands, don't throttle, they offer high specs, and the warranty is excellent. It is the only company (well Dell) that can send you a tech on site, your your place or business to come and fix the system in front of you, the next business day so that you always have a running laptop, if anything bad happens.

I don't know anyone at the office that isn't pleased with their alienware laptop.

(our desktop are custom build, as we swamp hardware many times)

What many fail to see as well, is that you can negotiate the price with Dell.

You can't with others, as you don't deal with the manufacture directly.

At work we use Alienware systems, because they are they are actually solid systems, quite compared to other brands, don't throttle, they offer high specs, and the warranty is excellent. It is the only company (well Dell) that can send you a tech on site, your your place or business to come and fix the system in front of you, the next business day so that you always have a running laptop, if anything bad happens.

I don't know anyone at the office that isn't pleased with their alienware laptop.

(our desktop are custom build, as we swamp hardware many times)

What many fail to see as well, is that you can negotiate the price with Dell.

You can't with others, as you don't deal with the manufacture directly.

To be honest, many only read the bad reviews & often forgotten about those who have great experiences with them. Usually the ones who are pessimist on Dell is either they received a faulty component from the start & those who didn't manage to own it or even try it themselves complain about something they didn't experience before. IRONIC. 

In my experience (speaking as an investor), if they didn't manage to fix your problem, don't just send them emails, just give them a call & have all your issues address & your case will be done in no time. Company as huge as Dell clearly have too much issues to handle at that scale, so nothing beats the few minutes call compared to email to email replies.