My thoughts on the RSI Fast-As-Possible.

Matt_TPrice

I just watched the video and read some of the youtube comments and I am disappointed towards the people making stupid comments and I feel sympathetic towards LMG. They made this video and brought up a book that can be purchased. So many people in the comment section called "bullshit" saying they were just promoting this book and that they were going to make some money from the author or publisher. Tehran gave constructive criticism, basically said that the wiki page was better than the book, put up a controversy warning and really didnt say anything particularly good about the book. He showed how good the reviews were on Amazon that was it. He presented so many options. And still people called "bullshit" on his video. I realize that youtube comments are usually trolly and dumb but what more could they have said without actually saying they werent being sponsored. I mean Linus is a firm believer in being completely transparent with his audience... I feel for you Linus, your true followers know that LMG is better than that... We understand that you are a company and NEED to make money, but you would never do your audience wrong... I just want to wrap this rant up with a sincere thank you to LMG for making such good quality content that is FREE!

Shove your "cinematic experience" where the sun don't shine!

SNIP

I agree at first I was like "oh hes just plugging a book, here comes the audible add bit"

but no, I felt he was really talking from the heart and that it was a serious topic, and very well presented

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Jup at the end he even said that he started lifting weights and that maybe that was what cured him. What I don't know tho is whether this kind of anecdotal evidence stuff has a place on LMG channel.

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

I agree at first I was like "oh hes just plugging a book, here comes the audible add bit"

but no, I felt he was really talking from the heart and that it was a serious topic, and very well presented

It was very well presented. The video was extremely thought out.

Jup at the end he even said that he started lifting weights and that maybe that was what cured him. What I don't know tho is whether this kind of anecdotal evidence stuff has a place on LMG channel.

As long as it has sufficient warning which I think it did

It was also a personal update to tell us where he has been etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So this is barely related to your thoughts on the video and content itself..

bring the response to the youtube comments to youtube and keep it away

from here. And i do believe Linus doesn't mind the occasional wrongdoing

in favor of himself/his company.

That said, while abit strange it wasn't a bad video. Maybe he shouldn't 

bring such ambiguous topics/content to the tech quickie channel though,

keep the techquickie to more factual certain things, have the discussions

and troubleshooting elsewhere.

I think it was great, i think most idiots in the comments Take Linus for some kind of "we only do Pc tech related stuff" Elite channel. aalso RSI is no freaking Joke! if you think you have symptoms go get help, don't be a cheap Macho idiot. seriously some of the Comments and there "i never had this and i have been using my Pc for XX years lol" Maybe they are actually doing something to prevent that? But apparently they are so clueless i doubt they even gave THAT a though.

...reminds me of Victorious Secret...i wonder if he bitching about "THIS IS NOT TECH RELATED" somewhere right now.

@tobben i agree on that.. he should have posted in on the LTT channel rather then Tech Quickie considering how "random" LTT is compared to the "slightly more serious" TQ 

keep the techquickie to more factual certain things, 

Agree there though RSI is certainly a topic worth addressing, maybe just in a more factual way

I was slightly put off by it, I admit, because you see this sort of thing all the time, but I try to look at things as neutrally as possible, and I know that LMG would never pull a marketing stunt like this. They have no incentive to, and the team really isn't made up of the sort of money-grubbing people that would pull things like that. Trust me, I've manipulated enough people and situations to know that LMG is the last company on planet Earth that would start doing promoting that sort of thing. Teran especially. Not a lot of people actually know what sort of punishment his hands go through. The people who do have learned how to deal with it, and they're likely writers, journalists, programmers and other video editors like him, who will almost certainly appreciate him making a video about this.

I loved the video, I hope the talk about other computer related health issues in the future.

Processor: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz w/ 1.27v | Gpu: ASUS GTX 980Ti Strix | MoBo: ASUS Maximus Gene VII | Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Cooling: Corsair H100i + 4 Corsair SP 120mm fans | Keyboard: Logitech K800 | Mouse: Logitech Anywhere | Storage (OS):Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Mass storage: WD Green 2TB + WD Blue 500GB + 1TB | Monitor: ASUS PB27Q  | Sound: Edifier C11 + Sennheiser RS 175

All in all, I think that it was very well done, and while it wasn't a traditional fact-based episode of Techquickie, it certainly was an extremely important one, seeing as lots of people, myself included, do the repetitive things that we do on computers like typing and clicking for hours and hours on end. That fact of RSI is present in our heads, but sort of swept under the rug in the back of our heads in the list of things that "won't happen to us", because the last thing we want to think about is a Challenger disaster going off in our hands, and therein lies the beautiful irony of it all.

It's a real and important thing that will happen to all of us sooner or later. Just one of those things. It's good to talk about it, because otherwise we'd be all in the dark and then all of a sudden our hands don't work and are in excruciating pain all the time. It's like sex and reproduction, in that it's really important to talk about, but no-one wants to because it's uncomfortable, and so they end up not knowing.

So this is barely related to your thoughts on the video and content itself..

bring the response to the youtube comments to youtube and keep it away

from here. And i do believe Linus doesn't mind the occasional wrongdoing

in favor of himself/his company.

That said, while abit strange it wasn't a bad video. Maybe he shouldn't 

bring such ambiguous topics/content to the tech quickie channel though,

keep the techquickie to more factual certain things, have the discussions

and troubleshooting elsewhere.

Do you have an example of this "occasional wrong doing" that Linus and his team partake in?

I had mixed feeling on the video and did comment, I didn't care that the book was brandised around alot, I just thought that the video didn't match the type of style that Tech Quicke has. I expected something like this

RSI-> What is it?-> Why is it problematic -> How to reduce it scientifically. Not, RSI -> what is it? -> Story of Teran's inability to cure RSI using traditional methods.

I think Terans story does have a place somewhere in the LMG content but not in a tech quicke.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be ungrateful for the work or anything, more like give a bit of constructive critisim. 

Well.. that's youtube comments for ya.

almost 90% of the commenters are dicks

so I just keep away from the youtube comments and jump right into the forum..

but in other channels... I gotta prepare myself

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.