Home made case + Server build! "Blue Lightning"

MariusJS

Your build is looking good and i am slightly jealous about how many tools you have available to you.

I also have the problem of the live stream being at 00:30. I try to stay awake but often fail and have to watch the archive.

Your build is looking good and i am slightly jealous about how many tools you have available to you.

I also have the problem of the live stream being at 00:30. I try to stay awake but often fail and have to watch the archive.

Yeah, I am pretty lucky about that :)

Here it is even worse, it starts at about 2:30 AM :S

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

I will probably just watch this now because my internet will take about an hour to download the game

but it wont mean as much until yo play through the first game!!!!! D:::::::

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I go out for a few hours (yes, I have a life besides computers :lol: ), come back

and my inbox is spammed with more than 140 "New Post" announcements!? :wacko:

Time to unfollow this thread for a while methinks, I'll come back once things have

settled down again. See you in a few days. :)

But it is very nice of OP to give out these Keys. :thumbsup:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I go out for a few hours (yes, I have a life besides computers :lol: ), come back

Time to unfollow this thread for a while methinks, I'll come back once things have

w-whats it like outside? is it true if you die you dont respawn?  :wacko:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

If you want, I can PM you when things have got quiet again ;)

What is this sorcery? Everyone knows that "outside" does not exit elswhere than childrens books!

What is this sorcery? Everyone knows that "outside" does not exit elswhere than childrens books!

im sorry, my doctor has me on this new medication :(

I have not yet tested this hypothesis myself, but allegedly there are indeed

no respawns out here.

Aside from that: The graphics are better than in any game I've played, but I

could use some more healthpoints. I have been severely lacking in that department

in the past few years. You are much more prone to illness than in any game I've

played, and your health does not automatically regenerate simply by staying

out of gunfire. It kind of sucks, actually.

Also, it takes much longer for stuff to be stored in your brain than an RPG

would have you believe. Learning out here is nothing like learning new skills

in an RPG. It takes ages to get anywhere. :(

On the plus side, my real life dog is much more awesome than any virtual pet

I've ever known, 80 lbs of pure awesome! :wub:

EDIT:

If you want, I can PM you when things have got quiet again ;)

Hehe, thanks, but that's ok. I check the build log section often enough that

I can see when something new has been posted in a thread anyway (it's why

I'm still here :D ).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I have not yet tested this hypothesis myself, but allegedly there are indeed

no respawns out here.

Aside from that: The graphics are better than in any game I've played, but I

could use some more healthpoints. I have been severely lacking in that department

in the past few years. You are much more prone to illness than in any game I've

played, and your health does not automatically regenerate simply by staying

out of gunfire. It kind of sucks, actually.

Also, it takes much longer for stuff to be stored in your brain than an RPG

would have you believe. Learning out here is nothing like learning new skills

in an RPG. It takes ages to get anywhere. :(

On the plus side, my real life dog is much more awesome than any virtual pet

I've ever known, 80 lbs of pure awesome! :wub:

lol, my dogs like 130 pounds :S he just lays around all day bein cute and such :D

lol, my dogs like 130 pounds :S he just lays around all day bein cute and such :D

Yeah, some of them tend to do that :D

Yeah, some of them tend to do that :D

My dog is like 40lbs :P

i want a cat.. :v

My dog is like 40lbs :P

Still pretty decent-sized I'd say. It's certainly far enough from a cat for my comfort

(nothing against cats, I grew up with cats, but if I want a cat-sized pet I'd get a cat

and not a dog ;) ). Also, I wouldn't want a dog which drags its belly along the ground,

it should be well-proportioned (yes, I'm aware that that is a rather subjective matter).

Edit: Is it only me or do most computer guys have a pet?

And they say we are not a sociable bunch. :lol:

But yes, pets pop up suspiciously often on build logs.

i want a cat.. :v

Hehe, my dog is actually a bit scared of cats. When my dad's GF got him, they already had

cats and he was still a puppy, so of course he was taught the occasional lesson by them.

It's still quite imprinted on him today, even though he's a lot larger and heavier than

them now.

From time to time he might chase a cat, but if the cat doesn't run away but instead stands

its ground he stops in his tracks and keeps his distance. Also, when a cat on our side of

the road hisses at him he often changes sides. It's rather adorable (although I appreciate

it since it prevents me from having to worry about both the dog and the cats).

Still pretty decent-sized I'd say. It's certainly far enough from a cat for my comfort

(nothing against cats, I grew up with cats, but if I want a cat-sized pet I'd get a cat

and not a dog ;) ). Also, I wouldn't want a dog which drags its belly along the ground,

it should be well-proportioned (yes, I'm aware that that is a rather subjective matter).

And they say we are not a sociable bunch. :lol:

But yes, pets pop up suspiciously often on build logs.

Hehe, my dog is actually a bit scared of cats. When my dad's GF got him, they already had

cats and he was still a puppy, so of course he was taught the occasional lesson by them.

It's still quite imprinted on him today, even though he's a lot larger and heavier than

them now.

From time to time he might chase a cat, but if the cat doesn't run away but instead stands

its ground he stops in his tracks and keeps his distance. Also, when a cat on our side of

the road hisses at him he often changes sides. It's rather adorable (although I appreciate

it since it prevents me from having to worry about both the dog and the cats).

Yeah, it is an Cavalier King Charles Spaniel :)

Who was the guy that had like a goat, a cat, a dog and a pig or something hilarous like that (they were all pets!)

Who was the guy that had like a goat, a cat, a dog and a pig or something hilarous like that (they were all pets!)

Hm, can't say that I recall, but it does sound like quite a dose of fun. :D

EDIT: Mine's a mix between an Appenzeller Sennenhund and a Newfoundland.

An excellent dog I must say.

Should I give away one key now, just to start it? :)

why not :3

I think I am going to wait, it is maybe a bit early to get more than like one person, who grabs it right away, and that is not the point!

I think I am going to wait, it is maybe a bit early to get more than like one person, who grabs it right away, and that is not the point!

amen to that x)

Server ATM:

post-266150-0-50139500-1376643350_thumb.

post-266150-0-64150700-1376643345_thumb.

10in monitor? :D

Windows server was definitely the right choice because it is so good. If you ever decide to give your server a new purpose you wont have to wipe it and start again you can just add the features.

10in monitor? :D

its only a server once it is configured he will probably remove the monitor anyway