Question: Hyper 212 Evo Painting

partick.lii

I am building a pc in the near future, and for the cpu cooler, I chose the 212 evo. However, it looks kinda ugly... I really like the look of the dark rock pro 3.

Is there anyway for me to paint or mod my 212 evo to make it look sexxxxxyyyy like the dark rock pro?

I am building a pc in the near future, and for the cpu cooler, I chose the 212 evo. However, it looks kinda ugly... I really like the look of the dark rock pro 3.

Is there anyway for me to paint or mod my 212 evo to make it look sexxxxxyyyy like the dark rock pro?

Stove spraypaint on the fins would work fine.

Might get a small bit of performance decrease... so maybe just paint the top.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Just paint the top if that's all you're going to see, and you can paint it with most any spray paint or Plasti-Dip.

if you will also see the fins, you will probably want to consider something that will take heat better.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Stove spraypaint on the fins would work fine.

Might get a small bit of performance decrease... so maybe just paint the top.

Just paint the top if that's all you're going to see, and you can paint it with most any spray paint or Plasti-Dip.

if you will also see the fins, you will probably want to consider something that will take heat better.

Thanks guys!

It doesn't need to be stove paint, normal paint will hold up to your cooler temperatures just fine.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about sanding and priming it as you shouldn't be touching it. Just be sure to clean it off really good with rubbing alcohol to get oils off so the paint will adhere. 

It doesn't need to be stove paint, normal paint will hold up to your cooler temperatures just fine.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about sanding and priming it as you shouldn't be touching it. Just be sure to clean it off really good with rubbing alcohol to get oils off so the paint will adhere. 

Yeah, I think I need to wipe it off really well... I have been planning for a long time and bought the cooler a long time ago.

I´ve painted my Scythe Mugen II

(didn´t make any work in progres pictures, but I thought you could get som Inspiration...)

Mugen II black

In case

I´ve painted my Scythe Mugen II

(didn´t make any work in progres pictures, but I thought you could get som Inspiration...)

OOOOooooo

You could look into the anodizing process. It is a way to color aluminum without actually applying a traditional coat of paint to the aluminum. I am no expert on the process, but I believe that it has little to no affect on the thermal conductivity of the aluminum and doesn't leave a coating on the surface.

Here's how I masked mine. Only painted the tip fin. There was no performance decrease. Silver is visible on the short sides but the fans cover the rest!
I used "Rust-oleum Flat Protective Enamel" in matte black.

I masked the copper pipes with electrical tape. That was pretty hard. The copper and fin will easily scratch if you bump them with an exacto knife. Take your time!

I used some tape upside down on the top fin then cut the approximate size of the cooler to fit through and then taped the other side of the newspaper. I took the rest and just wrapped it around the cooler making sure it was all covered.

Any questions? :D

post-80065-0-44258700-1421985958.jpg

Here's how I masked mine. Only painted the tip fin. There was no performance decrease. Silver is visible on the short sides but the fans cover the rest!

I used "Rust-oleum Flat Protective Enamel" in matte black.

I masked the copper pipes with electrical tape. That was pretty hard. The copper and fin will easily scratch if you bump them with an exacto knife. Take your time!

I used some tape upside down on the top fin then cut the approximate size of the cooler to fit through and then taped the other side of the newspaper. I took the rest and just wrapped it around the cooler making sure it was all covered.

Any questions? :D

That is sexyyyyyy.

Did you spray paint it after?

Yup! I was really scraping bedtime last night to post xD It takes time to resize pics.

NONETHELESS, here are some more!
(I REALLY need white lighting in my rig, not blue. Also, ignore the cold cathode. It velcros to the side panel. lol)

post-80065-0-12830300-1422057194_thumb.j

post-80065-0-51024600-1422057198_thumb.j

post-80065-0-12830300-1422057194_thumb.j

post-80065-0-51024600-1422057198_thumb.j

Woops wrong pic. Here you go! (in the context of the complete build.)
I also did a really simple midplate which I have yet to officially document in my own post. I will do so and take more pics whenever I get the white lights and do a button mod. 

You saw it here first folks!

post-80065-0-48038500-1422057579_thumb.j

post-80065-0-48038500-1422057579_thumb.j

Woops wrong pic. Here you go! (in the context of the complete build.)

I also did a really simple midplate which I have yet to officially document in my own post. I will do so and take more pics whenever I get the white lights and do a button mod. 

You saw it here first folks!

attachicon.gifcoolercropped.jpg

I feel so honoured. :')

I'll think this is what I'm gonna do.