IEM recommendations ~£100

Nxl8

I am looking for a new set of earphones as my current ones have broken. My budget is about £100 but could potentially go up to £250 but I would not like to spend this much.

I will use the IEM for commuting so as little noise leakage as possible would be great. I have no real preference to how noise isolating they are, however I would prefer a lack of active noise canceling features.

No sports style IEMs I personally find them uncomfortable.

I would only like IEM recommendations, no headphones please.

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Sennhesier ie60 and ie80s

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am looking for a new set of earphones as my current ones have broken. My budget is about £100 but could potentially go up to £250 but I would not like to spend this much.

I will use the IEM for commuting so as little noise leakage as possible would be great. I have no real preference to how noise isolating they are, however I would prefer a lack of active noise canceling features.

No sports style IEMs I personally find them uncomfortable.

I would only like IEM recommendations, no headphones please.

http://www.audiotechnicashop.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=91_35&product_id=525

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

That's good as these are 2 IEMs that I have been looking an seem to be well recommended across the internet

Sadly I do not believe they are available in the UK, cannot find them anywhere without resorting to Ebay plus I have had bad experience with ATH earphones in the past (won't stop me from buying another set again though).

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

That's good as these are 2 IEMs that I have been looking an seem to be well recommended across the internet

Sadly I do not believe they are available in the UK, cannot find them anywhere without resorting to Ebay plus I have had bad experience with ATH earphones in the past (won't stop me from buying another set again though).

You can order them directly through the ATH website

It seems impossible until it's done.

You can order them directly through the ATH website

Gives me this message sadly: "Pre-order Only - Stock available TBA"

Well, you could spend somewhere around 250 quid and get custom art music one, it's a CIEM so the isolation will be topnotch.

There's also Yamaha EPH-100. I'd say checkout theheadphonelist.com, |joker| has reviewed a lot of IEMs over the years

After doing some more research I have decided I will not go for Sennheiser, as although I have heard nothing but praise for them on the sound side of things, they are apparently overpriced. Not sure if it is true but it is the general consensus with a lot of reviews

Fostex te05

These look pretty good, I liked your review as well; very helpful, thanks.

Well, you could spend somewhere around 250 quid and get custom art music one, it's a CIEM so the isolation will be topnotch.

There's also Yamaha EPH-100. I'd say checkout theheadphonelist.com, |joker| has reviewed a lot of IEMs over the years

The art music one looks pretty good, and seem to be well recieved by reviewers, certainly taking them into consideration.

After doing some more research I have decided I will not go for Sennheiser, as although I have heard nothing but praise for them on the sound side of things, they are apparently overpriced. Not sure if it is true but it is the general consensus with a lot of reviews

These look pretty good, I liked your review as well; very helpful, thanks.

The art music ones look pretty good, and seem to be well recieved by reviewers, certainly taking them into consideration.

I disagree but whatever

There is also the Sony XBA 2IP and Sure 420/425, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I actually own the IE60 as well and can say the Fostex are miles better. Although something that I forgot to put into my review of the fostex is that there is a lot of cable noise from it rubbing against your coat or something and it doesn't seem to be the most durable. One side is starting to flake out on me after a few months of use so I'm likely going to get a more durable cable soon. It's still well worth it imo though. 

I don't think I will get CIEMs just due to that I won't be able to sell them on as easily and they may be too noise isolating.

I disagree but whatever

There is also the Sony XBA 2IP and Sure 420/425, 

The Shure SE425 look pretty good though apparently there is a lack in bass compared to similarily priced earphones, not much of an issue though. Discounting the Sony XBAs due to non-removeable cables.

I actually own the IE60 as well and can say the Fostex are miles better. Although something that I forgot to put into my review of the fostex is that there is a lot of cable noise from it rubbing against your coat or something and it doesn't seem to be the most durable. One side is starting to flake out on me after a few months of use so I'm likely going to get a more durable cable soon. It's still well worth it imo though. 

The Fostex TE-05 are looking like the pair I am most likely to get unless something else impresses me significantly.

There's westone Wx0 series and the Audio technica ATH-IM0x series. Westone W20 or ATH-IM02 are pretty neutral