CS:GO Adopting Silvers

johngo90

Hey guys,

I saw a post on reddit a while back that focused on players adopting other players at a lower skill level, and helping them improve, and I would just like to extend a helping hand to those on LTT who want to improve their CS:GO game. I used to be a very serious competitive player back in the 1.6/CS:Source days, and I was an early adopter of CS:GO back when people thought the game was trash... heh look at the numbers now! I've played in multiple leagues CAL, Cevo, and ESEA, but unfortunately I no longer have the passion to compete on that level. I've turned into an MM whore. Current rank is LEM on two accounts, and I also have a couple lower ranked accounts for smurfing. I've peaked at Supreme on multiple accounts back when I was playing seriously. 

Please contact me either through a reply on this forum, or through private message, and I can add you on steam. 

I am going to set some requirements unfortunately. You must be west/cent NA, 16+, and have a good attitude. I wont be accepting anyone who rages, or blames teammates. Sorry for the age requirement guys/gals but I have my limits. Also you don't have to be in silver, even if you are higher up on the rank ladder I will gladly accept. 

I will list a couple things that will help the general public, and things that I will be looking for when I play with you.

1. Hardware: People often dismiss the importance of having the proper gear for gaming. There is a reason why pro's use gaming grade mice, headsets, gaming monitors (144hz), mousepads, mechanical keyboards, and have PC's that won't bog down your FPS. Your skill ceiling can be pushed much further with the right gear, and I can help make recommendations in terms of upgrades with gaming in mind. 

2. Crosshair Placement: Players need to understand the importance of crosshair placement. I will be focusing on this part of the game very closely as it is vital to becoming a top tier player. To put things into perspective I have played games(on smurf account) with my left hand(I am right handed) and carried games solely because of my crosshair placement. 

3. Clutch Situations: It's painful to watch players stutter around not knowing what to do in a 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 situation. I will be helping players understand what they need to be doing in these situations. Eliminate the possibilities in a safe orderly fashion, do not pull nades when exposed, and do not reload unless you're safe to do so. 

4. Rotations: Use your radar, and assume a position that allows you to quickly rotate, without completely giving up the site. I don't rely on my teammates to call if bomb has been spotted, I rely on the radar to give me information. The bomb will show up on radar if the bomber has been spotted by your teammates allowing you to make the correct rotations.

5. Pop flashes, Smokes, and Nades: Everyone likes to learn cool smokes, flashes, and nades. I can help you learn them on a map by map basis.

This is just a sample of things that I will be going over based on requests.

Again please contact me if you are interested. It would be helpful if you let me know your location, age, and current skill level! 

Cheers LTT! 

I'd need help so much xD if you wouldn't mind taking the time to help me, i'd love to be coached 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

This looks interesting, i would love to learn but i lack the time

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Too bad they added a block where if youre high  rank you cant play mm with low ranked players. I use to play with my silver and gold friends now I cant.

Too bad they added a block where if youre high  rank you cant play mm with low ranked players. I use to play with my silver and gold friends now I cant.

This is why I smurf haha :D

Will definitely take a look at this tomorrow!!!

I'm Silver 1 BTW :lol: (w/ 14 wins)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

This is why I smurf haha :D

Yah I was gonna buy another account but really Ill just rank that shit up also lol so ill have 2 accounts I cant play with freinds on lol

wow so i cant come and play.

guess ur missin out on the top frag m8

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm interested :D

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Will definitely take a look at this tomorrow!!!

I'm Silver 1 BTW :lol: (w/ 14 wins)

Silver 2 w/9 wins...

silver 2 with 62 wins- yet im better than most other silvers

silver gets you shitty ass teams

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

silver 2 with 62 wins- yet im better than most other silvers

silver gets you shitty ass teams

This is exactly the attitude I am not looking for. 

Regardless of your team you are where you are for a reason. 

Silver 2 w/9 wins...

How do you know your rank if out don't even have (at least) 10 wins? O.o

BTW I forgot to mention location, Portugal, and age, 15.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I really want to get past this nova 2-3-4 stage . I have a friend to play with but usually 1/5 matches goes well because there are 2 extra good players , but the rest 4/5 we have to carry the rest 3 teammates , and always lose because of it. I wanted to find a team to train , he'll be also interested . He's more of a good rifler and decent close range AWP . I'm better at AWP'ing than him ( I.E. 70% of time i hit thru door the CT's going to B on dust2  )and rifling at long ranges , but lack spraying skills with AK , that's why i use the galil cause it works on lower ranked ppl . I'm also good with tactics and predicting enemy placement .

@johngo90 

How do you know your rank if out don't even have (at least) 10 wins? O.o

BTW I forgot to mention location, Portugal, and age, 15.

Nah i had a lot of tied matches before and i got a tied match that got me a rank.

So i guess tied match equals one half win

I'm not even ranked. But I managed 2 leads in two matches.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

This is exactly the attitude I am not looking for. 

Regardless of your team you are where you are for a reason. 

yeah..................... when i play with my nova friend, i get top frag, and i have the worst luck, i get wins and then i lose one and lose the rankup

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread again.

I will have some time coming up this thursday-sunday if anyone is interested. 

I apologize if I was not able to get to you previously, I had many requests.

Please PM me again if you are interested. 

I'm currently a DMG and would love to get better. I'm not looking to play in leagues or anything, simply to get better. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

edit: yeah, says silvers. Whoops.

Edited by Lotus

@IP man, might be something for you :)

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

I was silver 4, now silver 3, got my rank a couple of days ago...if you need someone to make up the numbers I'm here, not very good though