new laptop for industrial design student

hey i'm studying industrial design and i need a new computer, here's some thing that i want to do with it:

using 3D software (rhino 5, solidworks)

adobe suite (illustrator and photoshop mainly)

some light gaming (some racing games and posibly gta if it comes out for pc)

budget: prefer to stay at 1000 us if possible

the gaming is the least of my concerns so if it's not posible it doesn't matter also i've been looking at the y50 could it work for me?

Welcome to the forum.

What's your budget?

Also, please follow this topic by pressing the 'follow' button at the top-right of the page.

Sig under construction.

Hi we need a budget and location first then we can give advice 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Well you'll need something to run some 3D software at some decent rates. If you want to do some light gaming, like GTA V, you need to have a laptop capable of its minimum specs.

I'm not too sure of your price range, but the MSI GT70 Dominator with a 970M might be a good choice. It's around the $1200 mark. Honestly though, gaming laptops are usually meant for just that. Gaming. They'll be able to run games, probably better than you need, and run the software, but cost a lot of money. I myself don't know of any trusted laptop brands that can do some games at decent settings but still be meant for students. Usually you'd have two separate machines for each. Hoped this helped a bit, but if you specify a price range, I might be able to find something more affordable.

Here are the minimum specs for GTA V PC.

Minimum Specs for Grand Theft Auto V

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB