First PC, a little help please?

Abby.r.N.

i live in the us, and my budget is roughly $500-$800, im willing to go a little above if nessecary. This pc would mostly be used for RPG gaming: the elder scrools, assasians creed, etc.

Along with the tower can i also have suggestions for monitors, mice and keyboards? i wont be including them with the origional build as i have working ones, but will as time goes on replace them. 

im choosing to upgrade from a laptop that can barely run Skyrim on low settings to a new pc, because id love to be able to play on at least medium settings on more games, as well as having a system dedicated to the task while my laptop remains in use for basic tasks like work and music.

so if anyone has any ideas for parts i would be more than happy to heat them.

I too am building my first ever gaming rig, however I have a bit higher budget :P. With your budget I would go with = a r9 285, amd fx 6300, a 970 am3 + motherboard (I would go with something like the asus M5a97 R2.0) cs 650M, the case pretty much depends on what you like, but make sure it costs less then 70$, a barracuda 1 tb hard drive, a 128 sdd (it will make ur computer run faster, but if your pressed for money, get a lower capacity one)  8gb of ram from a reliable company (e.g. corsair) however as cheap as possible, a scythe mugen 4 cooler ( I cannot guarantee clearance though, do some research) . That will run you skyrim butter smooth on 1080p, as well as ac. It would look something like: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MB9RRB 

sounds good, though your link seems to be broken. and im glad not all of us are stuck on budgets like mine, id love to spend more, but i suppose upgrades are available in the future.

sounds good, though your link seems to be broken. and im glad not all of us are stuck on budgets like mine, id love to spend more, but i suppose upgrades are available in the future.

If you want to view the link, for some reason you have to copy paste it. And I am happy to you like it :).

yeah, thank you, its a great place to start. I was all but lost in the sea of seemingly identical parts. now im sure with a bit of tweaking ill be on my way to actually ordering the parts and actually building it.

though i must ask, why go with a six core proccessor?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($234.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $786.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-19 21:15 EST-0500

This is a very competitive build that also has paths for upgrades with the processor and of course the graphics card. 

i live in the us, and my budget is roughly $500-$800, im willing to go a little above if nessecary. This pc would mostly be used for RPG gaming: the elder scrools, assasians creed, etc.

Along with the tower can i also have suggestions for monitors, mice and keyboards? i wont be including them with the origional build as i have working ones, but will as time goes on replace them. 

im choosing to upgrade from a laptop that can barely run Skyrim on low settings to a new pc, because id love to be able to play on at least medium settings on more games, as well as having a system dedicated to the task while my laptop remains in use for basic tasks like work and music.

so if anyone has any ideas for parts i would be more than happy to heat them.

Forgot to quote you, the build is above.