Is Rooting When Bootloader is Already Unlocked Possible?

When I was trying to root and unlock the bootloader for my OnePlus One, for some reason I was unable to root (some type of error would show up, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my ADB drivers, but no luck). The tutorial I was following (this one: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/) said rooting wasn't required and I could just flash a ROM, so I took the latter option and flashed a CM 12 Nightly instead. But I realize now that I wish I figured out how to root it because there's an app that would save a lot of time when flashing the next nightly (it's called CyanDelta) that I want to use, but it requires root permissions and will not work. So is it possible for me to still root my phone even though I already unlocked my bootloader?

UPDATE: Found the problem and solved it :) Flashed SuperSU.

UPDATE 2: "There is no SuperSU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."  What do I do now?

-From the desk of Moose-

Have you tried installing supersu?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Have you tried installing supersu?

I tried after I unlocked the bootloader, but I kept getting an error. Apparently it has to do with my ADB drivers being installed incorrectly. I reinstalled the drivers a bunch of times but the same issue kept happening.

-From the desk of Moose-

I tried after I unlocked the bootloader, but I kept getting an error. Apparently it has to do with my ADB drivers being installed incorrectly. I reinstalled the drivers a bunch of times but the same issue kept happening.

By the way, doesn't the OPO come already unlocked and rooted? I thought it did  :huh:

It's possible that the cyanogenmod nightly is not supported by your rooting tools. I would reflash the original rom or an even earlier one and try again from there.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

By the way, doesn't the OPO come already unlocked and rooted? I thought it did  :huh:

It's possible that the cyanogenmod nightly is not supported by your rooting tools. I would reflash the original rom or an even earlier one and try again from there.

OPO doesn't come unlocked and rooted, but OnePius made it easy to do it. You will also not void your warranty when rooting and unlocking the bootloader, unlike pretty much all other OEMs. 

-From the desk of Moose-

If you have a custom recovery you should be able to flash supersu http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/ like Sauron said

I flashed SuperSU via TWRP. When I open the app it says: There is no SuperSU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. 

How do I fix this?

-From the desk of Moose-