Help with my build please :)

ShoopDawoop

I live in the us, and have a budget of 550$.

I want a pc that will get nice fps in: League of Legends, Dota 2, Modded Minecraft, any mmorpgs that suite my fancy

I have a monitor,keyboard and mouse.

Ive always bought pre built pcs and now that i have money i would like to build one. Im a complete noob at this, im not a fanboy of intel or amd since they both have their pros and cons.

I live in the us, and have a budget of 550$.

I want a pc that will get nice fps in: League of Legends, Dota 2, Modded Minecraft

I have a monitor,keyboard and mouse.

Ive always bought pre built pcs and now that i have money i would like to build one. Im a complete noob at this, im not a fanboy of intel or amd since they both have their pros and cons.

I just want to make sure that you know for $550 you will probably get integrated graphics. I say this because sometimes with builds at this price point people are unhappy and then want to upgrade anyway.

I just want to make sure that you know for $550 you will probably get integrated graphics. I say this because sometimes with builds at this price point people are unhappy and then want to upgrade anyway.

i wont be upgrading for quite a while, im a college student and dont get extra money for a while. This is just my xmas money

i wont be upgrading for quite a while, im a college student and dont get extra money for a while. This is just my xmas money

Oh ok I just wanted you to know that it probably won't be much of an upgrade and I didn't want you to waste your money. What are you using now?

If you are willing to do a bit of overclocking this will do a reasonable job. I included an o/s. If you already have one that can be used the funds can go towards an ssd and/or better gpu.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 300W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($90.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $545.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 14:35 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If you are willing to do a bit of overclocking this will do a reasonable job. I included an o/s. If you already have one that can be used the funds can go towards an ssd and/or better gpu.

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 300W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz)

This is a pretty good build though my advice would be to stay away from asrock and get a 4150 if you can.

this is what im using right now: http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-satellite-l455/specs/

would this be any good? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gh3ND3

I made you an AMD version of basically the same thing, it came out about $30 cheaper and it has more jig-a-hertz http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Also, I suggest you cannibalise the hard drive from your Toshiba Satellite

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

if i got a better gpu i would also need a better psu correct?

Yes, that PSU is just scraping the power requirements, if you got a GPU that needed more power then the PSU probably wouldn't be sufficient.

What do you think of this? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xsV2YJ I saved you about $100 (the build is $405.90)

I kept it cheap while still giving you good 'bang for your buck'. Also for the OS you can just clone your old Toshiba Satellite's HDD or just put it in your machine and boot straight off of it HDD (though I wouldn't recommend it, those things are slow as hell)

Yes, that PSU is just scraping the power requirements, if you got a GPU that needed more power then the PSU probably wouldn't be sufficient.

What do you think of this? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xsV2YJ I saved you about $100 (the build is $405.90)

I kept it cheap while still giving you good 'bang for your buck'. Also for the OS you can just clone your old Toshiba Satellite's HDD or just put it in your machine and boot straight off of it HDD (though I wouldn't recommend it, those things are slow as hell)

hmm what about this? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZnHq99

i wont have money for any upgrade for quite a while, so id like to get the best possible pc i can get. or should i get a less exspensive gpu and invest some money into something else

hmm what about this? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZnHq99

i wont have money for any upgrade for quite a while, so id like to get the best possible pc i can get. or should i get a less exspensive gpu and invest some money into something else

It's good, but honestly you're just wasting money going with intel, it won't benefit you since you aren't going for the high end processors and you aren't doing emulation.

I've swapped out the 750Ti I picked previously for the AMD 270X because your choice of a card was far better.

I went and changed out the CPU for a dual core 4.2Ghz AMD CPU so that you can spend the rest of your budget on a small SSD which you can use for games that you play often or other things that you really want to start quickly.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DDn9Bm

Edit: You may want to get a slightly bigger case for that graphics card, it's not going to fit

The Fractal Design Core 1300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case supports video cards up to 380mm long, but video cards over 200mm may block drive bays. Since the MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card is 260mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

It's good, but honestly you're just wasting money going with intel, it won't benefit you since you aren't going for the high end processors and you aren't doing emulation.

I've swapped out the 750Ti I picked previously for the AMD 270X because your choice of a card was far better.

I went and changed out the CPU for a dual core 4.2Ghz AMD CPU so that you can spend the rest of your budget on a small SSD which you can use for games that you play often or other things that you really want to start quickly.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DDn9Bm

Edit: You may want to get a slightly bigger case for that graphics card, it's not going to fit

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

what about this one, i was messing with a amd build, but i dont really know alot about mother boards. sooooo this is my try xD

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

what about this one, i was messing with a amd build, but i dont really know alot about mother boards. sooooo this is my try xD

lol, you didn't link it properly

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($60.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($28.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 280 3GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.98 @ Directron)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $554.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 15:48 EST-0500

Upgrade to a SSD down the road.

There are no "cons" to an Intel CPU as far as gaming goes.  They have the best performance.  If you go AMD, you have to spend more on the motherboard or you might run into VRM heating issues under heavier loads.

FYI this is a $600 build with $50 in mail in rebates.

Motherboard is perfectly fine but might need a BIOS update when you get it

I changed the case to something bigger so that you'd be able to fit in your graphics card however, it has made the price increase significantly, I think you should get a smaller card and use the case you picked previously, anyways here it is with the big GPU: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9M6ND3

Motherboard is perfectly fine but might need a BIOS update when you get it

I changed the case to something bigger so that you'd be able to fit in your graphics card however, it has made the price increase significantly, I think you should get a smaller card and use the case you picked previously, anyways here it is with the big GPU: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9M6ND3

any suggestions on gpus?

Quite likely. While the 300W is more than sufficient for a 750 Ti equipped system and would likely be able to cope with a 970, (although it doesn't have the appropriate power connectors for it), the current gpu models between the two consume more power.

Something like XFX P1-550S-XXB9 would be a good choice and would provide enough power for any gpu that would fit in the budget. It has both a 6-pin and 6+2 pin PCIe power connector.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

any suggestions on gpus?

The 750 Ti will be a little less powerful, but it will actually fit in your case and won't break your bank

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qCqrLk

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($68.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $446.81

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 15:56 EST-0500

Edit: I just realised you picked a Seagate Barracuda, I'll change that for a WD drive, Seagate drives are horrible and will fail easily

Guys, my i5 build is the best perfomer.  Get some criticism on it.  Why would he go any less?  i5 3.2 Ghz, R9 280.

I have had an AMD gaming rig (Phenom II X6@3.8GHz).  It was okay, but that is it.  I would never skimp out on a build again.  Wait until you can afford the Intel solution.

Last thing I am gonna say. :)

Guys, my i5 build is the best perfomer.  Get some criticism on it.  Why would he go any less?  i5 3.2 Ghz, R9 280.

Last thing I am gonna say. :)

i think its alittle over budget :/

i think its alittle over budget :/

How's this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bXZXZL

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($68.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.97 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $450.90

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 16:05 EST-0500