Qpad QH-85 mic problem..

turkletonthe3rd

Hi guys,

So I've just bought a Qpad QH-85 and I'm happy with the sound but the mic is just terrible and very quiet..

It's too quiet and when I put on mic boost the sound quality gets really bad so that's not a solution.

I have Realtek® ALC892 onboard sound. on a ASUS m5a97 R2 evo motherboard.

Would getting something like a Xonar DG improve the mic volume/quality at all?My friend has one of those 6$ Zalman clip-on mics and they sound better then the mic on the Qpad QH-85 for me..

I'm even thinking of sending the headset back cause the mic is just too bad for me..

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Have you tried both back and front mic in jacks? Also, check in the Realtek's audio software that the port is configured as mic in (double click the port's image in the software where you plugged in the mic).

Make sure that you don't have a flexijack set to line in instead of mic

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes, I've tried both front  and back mic in jacks. And it's set to mic in

I think if you buy the Xonar DG It might improve the mic quality, however if it's the mic capsule itself there is no preamp that's going to make it sound good.

If you're willing to wait for an RMA in order to get one with a better mic, then by all means do so, but you have to remember that these mic capsules are generally produced with very loose tolerances so you can end up with anything between a unicorn and a turd. That being said, I don't know how Qpad are selecting their capsules.

If I was in that situation I would just pickup one of those zalman clip on mics, they're cheap and well regarded, and then if you receive it and the audio is still bad (indicating something else being the issue) you then have a cheap backup mic.

On that note if it isn't the mic capsule itself one of those cheap usb sound cards might fix the issue, you could set it up only for the mic and keep your headphones on the onboard as it will probably be better.

Hope that helps

Push-To-Talk is a wonderful thing.

I think if you buy the Xonar DG It might improve the mic quality, however if it's the mic capsule itself there is no preamp that's going to make it sound good.

If you're willing to wait for an RMA in order to get one with a better mic, then by all means do so, but you have to remember that these mic capsules are generally produced with very loose tolerances so you can end up with anything between a unicorn and a turd. That being said, I don't know how Qpad are selecting their capsules.

If I was in that situation I would just pickup one of those zalman clip on mics, they're cheap and well regarded, and then if you receive it and the audio is still bad (indicating something else being the issue) you then have a cheap backup mic.

On that note if it isn't the mic capsule itself one of those cheap usb sound cards might fix the issue, you could set it up only for the mic and keep your headphones on the onboard as it will probably be better.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply, I'm alright with waiting on a RMA still got a working headset laying around but I have to be sure It's the mic that's causing the problem and not my system.

So I am probably gonna buy a zalman clip on mic to see if that sounds any better. Do you have any clue how long these RMA's can take? I remember sending my old logitech g400 to logitech it took months :x

Thanks for the reply, I'm alright with waiting on a RMA still got a working headset laying around but I have to be sure It's the mic that's causing the problem and not my system.

So I am probably gonna buy a zalman clip on mic to see if that sounds any better. Do you have any clue how long these RMA's can take? I remember sending my old logitech g400 to logitech it took months :x

Yeah the Zalman clip on mic will be a cheap way to figure out if it's a capsule or a soundcard problem, as for how long the RMA will take I have no idea, I guess it depends on who you're going through for that.

I honestly wouldn't bother with the RMA myself, for me it's too much hassle when I could pickup a cheap clip on mic to resolve my issue.

Push-To-Talk is a wonderful thing.

I see, well I filled in a return form I can return it for money (if they accept it, ripped the box a little whilst opening). If not I'll get a zalman mic and try my luck with that thanks guys.