Nexus 5 can't boot - only clockwork recovery

Go to solution Solved by Jade,

I'll start from the top;

• Use TWRP, not ClockworkMod Recovery.
  • The Play Store (or other Google service related apps, eg GMail or Hangouts) is not included in any ROM by default, and if it is, it's technically illegal. To get them, you need to flash the gapps zip.
  • Extract all the files from the factory image into a folder, including the contents of the zip inside the zip. Reasons in a moment.
  • You didn't brick your phone.

If you need help flashing TWRP, I can tl;dr it. 

1. Boot into bootloader (Power + Volume Down)
  2. fastboot flash recovery whateveryourtwrpisnamed.img
  3. Volume up/down until Recovery mode, then power.

Now, if for any reason, you'd rather boot into stock and repeat the process to install CM12 or otherwise, here's how to flash stock.

1. Boot into bootloader.
  2. Run the following commands (while in the directory of your factory image files) via cmd.
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-hhz12d.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot flash radio radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.2.22.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot flash boot boot.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot flash cache cache.imgfastboot flash recovery recovery.imgfastboot flash system system.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot wipe userdatafastboot flash userdata.imgfastboot reboot

Edit: RIP half my post. I'll write it again later.

Edit2: Rest of post.

How to install CM12+Gapps+Root.

Download CM12 from here, Gapps from here, root from here.

1. Boot into TWRP. If you don't have it installed, see how to above.
  2. Wipe>Swipe (Don't use the advanced wipe unless you know what you're doing!)
  3. adb push the three files you just downloaded. Should be "adb push filename.zip /" without quotes. (One line; didn't merit code tags.)
  4. Install>the three zips, in order of ROM>Gapps>Autoroot.
  5. Try booting. May take a few minutes.

Hi guys

So I recently installed a nightly version of CM12 on my Nexus 5. As it didn't even have a Play Store or anything, I decided to reinstall a factory image of Lollipop.

I went to the ClockworkMod Recovery, wiped the storage and now it my phone won't show up in the Windows Explorer. (I have the latest ADB Drivers installed though, and it is recognized in the Devicemanager)

The phone also doesn't boot properly, it shows the Google logo for some seconds and then just takes me straight to the ClockworkMod Recovery.

Now I'm not sure if I bricked it or anything, or if I just deleted the OS. I couldn't find any specific help on Google, so You guys are more or less my last hope ;)

I apprechiate any kind of help or advise - sorry if my English sounds a bit weird, I'm from Germany.

Thanks in advance, Defalt

Reading thru it I think you forgot to wipe dalvik. Please go to cwm to a factory wipe and go to advanced and wipe dalvik. Then reflash your rom zip.

And thats the cwm flashable stock rom for nexus 5 if you need it.

https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=Tassadar&dl=Tassadar/stock_zips/lrx21o_hammerhead.zip#

And su.zip if you need root

http://download.chainfire.eu/593/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip?retrieve_file=1

I'll start from the top;

• Use TWRP, not ClockworkMod Recovery.
  • The Play Store (or other Google service related apps, eg GMail or Hangouts) is not included in any ROM by default, and if it is, it's technically illegal. To get them, you need to flash the gapps zip.
  • Extract all the files from the factory image into a folder, including the contents of the zip inside the zip. Reasons in a moment.
  • You didn't brick your phone.

If you need help flashing TWRP, I can tl;dr it. 

1. Boot into bootloader (Power + Volume Down)
  2. fastboot flash recovery whateveryourtwrpisnamed.img
  3. Volume up/down until Recovery mode, then power.

Now, if for any reason, you'd rather boot into stock and repeat the process to install CM12 or otherwise, here's how to flash stock.

1. Boot into bootloader.
  2. Run the following commands (while in the directory of your factory image files) via cmd.
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-hhz12d.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot flash radio radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.2.22.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot flash boot boot.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot flash cache cache.imgfastboot flash recovery recovery.imgfastboot flash system system.imgfastboot reboot-bootloaderfastboot wipe userdatafastboot flash userdata.imgfastboot reboot

Edit: RIP half my post. I'll write it again later.

Edit2: Rest of post.

How to install CM12+Gapps+Root.

Download CM12 from here, Gapps from here, root from here.

1. Boot into TWRP. If you don't have it installed, see how to above.
  2. Wipe>Swipe (Don't use the advanced wipe unless you know what you're doing!)
  3. adb push the three files you just downloaded. Should be "adb push filename.zip /" without quotes. (One line; didn't merit code tags.)
  4. Install>the three zips, in order of ROM>Gapps>Autoroot.
  5. Try booting. May take a few minutes.