LG G3 Lollipop?

Tie Lightning

Hey guys, so i've been looking on the internet and i cant seem to get any clarification on when att users in the US will be able to get lollipop on their G3's. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks :)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

I just rooted and flashed mine to CM 12, with the latest nightly. It charges fast, ART is super slick, my battery lasts around 30 minutes to an hour longer everyday, and it's a stock android experience. BEST OF ALL IT"S NOT THAT HARD. I can tell you how depending on the variant that you have...

I just rooted and flashed mine to CM 12, with the latest nightly. It charges fast, ART is super slick, my battery lasts around 30 minutes to an hour longer everyday, and it's a stock android experience. BEST OF ALL IT"S NOT THAT HARD. I can tell you how depending on the variant that you have...

What is involved in rooting and flashing? and what would be some reasons not to? depending on those, i might want to try it:)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

What is involved in rooting and flashing? and what would be some reasons not to? depending on those, i might want to try it:)

Head to the xda LG G3 forums. Pretty much everything you need is there. 

Eh, your best bet is rooting it really, I mean yea LG is fast, I already have Lollipop for my G3, but carriers slow this process down alot

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Hey guys, so i've been looking on the internet and i cant seem to get any clarification on when att users in the US will be able to get lollipop on their G3's. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks :)

It'll be a while seeing how the carriers like to either withhold updates entirely to push the sales of newer phones, or they take forever to ensure that it works properly on their network and works properly with their software, etc. LG has already started sending the OTA updates to some of their unlocked G3's.

As someone else said, if you dont want to wait, just root and flash lollipop onto your phone.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14