x99 dual socket

Do you know of any dual socket boards? I am looking for this for a client build, never done something this powerful before so no idea where to look.

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Intel X99

Asus  Z9PE-D8 WS

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Neither of the above ar X99. The x99 chipset doesn't support dual processor. You'll need the replacement chipset for c602 which you'll find on 2011-3 server grade boards.

Off Topic: Your avata is kinda creepy. LOL

@Statik

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Intel X99

Asus  Z9PE-D8 WS

Neither of the above ar X99. The x99 chipset doesn't support dual processor. You'll need the replacement chipset for c602 which you'll find on 2011-3 server grade boards.

The processor we are hoping to use is

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80635e52680v2

I can see why you were pointed as a trusted advisor, because ya ain't know squat! :P JK

Okay, okay you know some stuff. :D JK

@Windspeed36

Also what are you using for a Nic speed, graphics card and what storage options?

Do you know of any dual socket boards? I am looking for this for a client build, never done something this powerful before so no idea where to look.

X99 is single CPU capable only...if you need a dual cpu workstation chipset you need something like a C602 or C612 chipset...The asus boards above are top notch. I own a Asus Z9PE-D8 WS and it is fantastic.

The best part is with two hexacore xeons, i get 80 PCI-E 3.0 lanes...so i can load it up with Quad SLI and still have room to spare!

Off Topic: Your avata is kinda creepy. LOL

@Statik

even scarier when blown up to the full resolution

photo-107623.gif?_r=1418531017

:unsure:

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

even scarier when blown up to the full resolution

photo-107623.gif?_r=1418531017

:unsure:

Aaaahhhhh! Now I'm leaving. :D JK

V2 is not 2011-3, you'll need an older dual socket board though they still are available from SuperMicro. What are you planning to use it in chassis wise, how many procs, aim etc

Sorry wrong link, here is the correct one 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80644e52650v3

Also what are you using for a Nic speed, graphics card and what storage options?

10 gbps x4, have not decided on gpus yet that is next on the list was picking cpu and board first, as for storage just a 1tb Samsung 850 Pro. We are using the drives from the old server so I am not worries about that. We will also be re using the RAID card.

Sorry wrong link, here is the correct one 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80644e52650v3

10 gbps x4, have not decided on gpus yet that is next on the list was picking cpu and board first, as for storage just a 1tb Samsung 850 Pro. We are using the drives from the old server so I am not worries about that. We will also be re using the RAID card.

Dual 10gb cards or 4? Are you doing any GPU bound work at all? What raid card was it? Are you loading HyperV/ESXi at all? If so, which version. What chassis are you using?

There are no x99 dual socket chipsets, just as there werent any x79 dual socket motherboards, you are not supposed to oc 2 xeons you know :P

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG