Create my own Motherboard Tray or buy?

Unilision

So I'm looking around and I found http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20427/cpa-276b/Lian-Li_Replacement_PC-6X_Motherboard_Tray_-_Black.html?tl=g43c241s905, right now I'm debating if I should buy this or just make my own motherboard tray.

I've been working on a custom case and decided to change it up and planning to make it flat down, but i'm unsure about the CPU cut out on the case, so I'm wondering should I just cut out a hole for it, or buy a tray? If so, where can I find a place that would sell the tray with a cutout ? 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Got any computer recyclers in your area? You could try them for a motherboard tray as well.

Got any computer recyclers in your area? You could try them for a motherboard tray as well.

Sadly not, I have thought about that but someone is currently using the old computer, I don't mind just screwing on the motherboard stands on the wood, but just not sure if it would be a good idea since i'm using wood 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Sadly not, I have thought about that but someone is currently using the old computer, I don't mind just screwing on the motherboard stands on the wood, but just not sure if it would be a good idea since i'm using wood 

it should be ok, if you have a semi new PSU with overcurrent, overvoltage protection. otherwise, just take a piece of wire and connect it between the standoffs and the metal on the case

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

it should be ok, if you have a semi new PSU with overcurrent, overvoltage protection. otherwise, just take a piece of wire and connect it between the standoffs and the metal on the case

Alright thanks, though just a random question to ask here instead of to make another thread, is there a place that makes special power buttons ? 

Also congrats on 5k Post ^ 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Alright thanks, though just a random question to ask here instead of to make another thread, is there a place that makes special power buttons ? 

Also congrats on 5k Post ^ 

there are places you can buy buttons, depends on teh design :P

and thanks

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

there are places you can buy buttons, depends on teh design :P

and thanks

Have any recommendations for a place that would ? :D 

Just a random question again, if I built the case with a slant, and the GPU pops out more than necessary, would building a cover for it be okay? Or would it affect the GPU for being out so much ? 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Have any recommendations for a place that would ? :D 

Just a random question again, if I built the case with a slant, and the GPU pops out more than necessary, would building a cover for it be okay? Or would it affect the GPU for being out so much ? 

not really, for canada...

i dont understand the question... can you draw

not really, for canada...

i dont understand the question... can you draw

If it's in states only, that's fine I'll most likely have a relative get me it and send it to me afterwards

Here's an example of what I mean by a slant wall and the GPU being popped out of the case

OChi11k.png

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

The cheapest way is to take 1 from an old pc case. This way in addition to the tray you will get the front io.

Oh thanks

The cheapest way is to take 1 from an old pc case. This way in addition to the tray you will get the front io.

Yeah but I don't have a spare pc case sadly though I don't mind paying, and I think using a tray with what my case is currently designed would be a bit hard haha 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

If it's in states only, that's fine I'll most likely have a relative get me it and send it to me afterwards

Here's an example of what I mean by a slant wall and the GPU being popped out of the case

OChi11k.png

oh yeah, this wont be a problem at all. dont worry about it :)

oh yeah, this wont be a problem at all. dont worry about it :)

Awesome thanks for the tip :D 

Now just need to figure out about how to place dust filters T__T and i'm set !

Appreciate all the help everyone has given ^^ 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Awesome thanks for the tip :D

Now just need to figure out about how to place dust filters T__T and i'm set !

Appreciate all the help everyone has given ^^ 

if the case is made of a feromagnetic metal, just use the magnetic ones, otherwise either glue and then vacuum them when cleaning, or screw them on :P

if the case is made of a feromagnetic metal, just use the magnetic ones, otherwise either glue and then vacuum them when cleaning, or screw them on :P

Currently I'm planning to use wood, since the cost is cheaper, I wanted to use magnetic but I doubt it'd be strong enough to just attach to the screws, and the way my case is set up, I can't exactly think of a way besides putting it in front of the fans inside of the case 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Currently I'm planning to use wood, since the cost is cheaper, I wanted to use magnetic but I doubt it'd be strong enough to just attach to the screws, and the way my case is set up, I can't exactly think of a way besides putting it in front of the fans inside of the case 

would be a good way, even if kinda ghetto :P

I don't think the Lian Li or Mountain Mod trays look as good or will be as easy to work with when compared to the Caselabs mobo trays.

I also think that that gpu slant is cool! but a LOT of work. You would have to scrap the whole rear IO if you purchased a mobo tray and you would make it very hard to expand.
The rear IO is a pretty precision piece to make by hand..

I don't think the Lian Li or Mountain Mod trays look as good or will be as easy to work with when compared to the Caselabs mobo trays.

I also think that that gpu slant is cool! but a LOT of work. You would have to scrap the whole rear IO if you purchased a mobo tray and you would make it very hard to expand.

The rear IO is a pretty precision piece to make by hand..

I thought about it, to be honest, I just need a tray, so I'm planning to run around to liquidation places/junkyard and pick up a random pc and hope that the tray is still usable. 

Yeah the GPU will have a slant and I will make a custom shield to cover it, so nothing comes inside of the case. 

Yeah the rear IO will force me to do it a few times, but I find it worth it. I finished up my design and plan on making it a reality asap ! Check it out in build logs if you want ^^ 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970