Quiet GPU?

rl249

I was looking at buying a Sapphire R7 260X, so before I buy I just want to ask a few questions. 

Does it support 3 monitors? 

Is it quiet?

is there anything better?

I won't be doing any extreme gaming, at the most I'll play portal on low specs. 

Thanks in advance for any advice

It will be pretty quiet. If you mean support three monitors for just general use yeh. If you want to game on all three monitors you are gonna have to up your budget a lot.

Where are you buying your GPU whats your cas , how many case fans you got and your budget

If you got a case with bad ventilation all gpus will be louder than average

Where are you buying your GPU whats your cas , how many case fans you got and your budget

Amazon, its around £89 or €120. The case is a corsair silencio 352 

just using 2 fans at the moment. The ambient temp of the room that the pc is in is really cold so there wouldn't be a major worry of over heating. The case is always kept dust free and the pc is never pushed. 

To get a silent GPU for portal on low specs i recommend getting a GTX 970 and turn off the fans. jk.

+1 for the strix for that budget.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

It you want quiet go for a Strix

I agree with Mr.@DtrollMC asus strix is the way to go for silent gpu

+1 For Strix

Can someone recommend a card from that series. again, one that supports 3 monitor and that is reasonably cheap. 

Can someone recommend a card from that series. again, one that supports 3 monitor and that is reasonably cheap. 

Check out this link. As long as the card has 3 inputs you'll be good. Most cards do, just make sure before you buy.

Amazon, its around £89 or €120. The case is a corsair silencio 352 

just using 2 fans at the moment. The ambient temp of the room that the pc is in is really cold so there wouldn't be a major worry of over heating. The case is always kept dust free and the pc is never pushed. 

I would save another 30£ and buy r9 270

GPU's don't actually make any noise :P

As for coolers I've heard that the STRIX is good but I'd imagine they are all pretty quite but it depends what temperature you're comfortable running the GPU at.

Quite -> Hot

Fairly Loud -> Cool

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I was looking at buying a Sapphire R7 260X, so before I buy I just want to ask a few questions. 

Is it quiet?

The answer to all of that would be the STRIX series cards by asus.  980 or 970 could do 3 monitors.  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

the 750TI on the page I linked is a good option.

The answer to all of that would be the STRIX series cards by asus.  980 or 970 could do 3 monitors.  

Would the 750ti support 3 monitors?  Also, is there a card from the strix series that's got mostly hdmi or hdmi mini inputs

Would the 750ti support 3 monitors?  Also, is there a card from the strix series that's got mostly hdmi or hdmi mini inputs

750ti is good but are you looking to game or are you trying to build a workstation with certain features in mind?

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

750ti is good but are you looking to game or are you trying to build a workstation with certain features in mind?

There would be very little gaming, I wouldn't really need a gaming card.

Really I just need something thats quiet and has 2 hdmi potrts. I can go without 3 monitors 

if you dont game its ok and without heavy load most gpus shuld stay in an ok-quiet-ish noise level

if you want the quietest possible qou shuld think about getting an aio and a bracket because thatll be quieter as any air cooler out there (under load) ;)

strix is the quietest cooler youll get without going into liquid cooling which is a bit of nonsense with mid range cards ;)

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

Is it quiet?

Passively cooled gt 610 might do the job for you.

0 noise, decent performance, 3 inputs.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

ASUS Strix R9 285 would be a better choice than the 750ti IMHO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121897

Edit: Didn't realize you aren't gaming, in that case you could get the passively cooled R7 250

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202092

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

The Asus Stirx 970/980 is the GPU 4 U cuz the fans can be customized if not gaming the fan would not spin unless if the card is working hard the fan will spin And it supports Nvidia Surrond 

ASUS Strix R9 285 would be a better choice than the 750ti IMHO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121897

Edit: Didn't realize you aren't gaming, in that case you could get the passively cooled R7 250

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202092

+1 for this^

The Asus Stirx 970/980 is the GPU 4 U cuz the fans can be customized if not gaming the fan would not spin unless if the card is working hard the fan will spin And it supports Nvidia Surrond 

He's not going to game on the machine those cards are huge overkill. The 3 monitors are said to be used for general purpose and no 3 monitor gaming so the Nvidia Surroind isn't needed.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900