Need a new gaming headset

food158

So I am thinking to upgrade my Turtle Beach z11 headset. Anyone got any ideas for a good headset in the price range of $50 - $80 dollars? Anyways I have been thinking about the Corsair H1500 and the Logitech G430. Which is better?

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

I love my g930 - about $90 but is wireless. Also I dont recommend the corsair 1500 because my friend got it and really hates it, when he is recording and sometimes in ts the mic is very quiet but its fine in Skype.

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

logitech g430 i have them! 1500 makes you look like stupid to much space between the headphones and your head. A while back i was in your same spot of which to chose and also 1500 have a lot of static...

I can personally recommend the Logitech G930 as a great 7.1 headset that happens to be wireless, but unless you catch it on sale sometime like Black Friday for $70, then it might be a bit too much for you.  I've heard great things about the HyperX Cloud, though I've never used one.  A couple of my friends use the G430 from Logitech and they really love them.  I used to use an old Turtle Beach X12 before my G930s and they served me well for many years, but that's probably too cheap and basic for you.

*Edit*

On the topic of Corsair's headsets.  I've not heard many good things about them.  The common complaint seems to be static and interference, but I haven't personally used them.

How much is your current budget?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

xD Well I forgot to mention I wanted a 7.1 surround sound headset. I heard that the HyperX Cloud was really good though.

Stereo is all you need in headphones, I'd recommend a high-end pair of headphones with good soundstage and a standalone microphone.

[witty signature]

Stereo is all you need in headphones, I'd recommend a high-end pair of headphones with good soundstage and a standalone microphone.

I know, but I play mostly fps. Are there headphones that can switch from 7.1 surround sound and stereo.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Superlux HD668b or HD681Evo + Zalman ZM-MIC1 + Razer Surround. Demolishes any "gaming" crap. Also, you do not need "7.1" headset for surround. Usually that route only gives worse results than using good stereo headphones and using in-game surround option or Razer's free surround software.

Superlux HD668b or HD681Evo + Zalman ZM-MIC1 + Razer Surround. Demolishes any "gaming" crap. Also, you do not need "7.1" headset for surround. Usually that route only gives worse results than using good stereo headphones and using in-game surround option or Razer's free surround software.

Yes that is why I want my headset to be able to turn 7.1 on and off. The Superlux doesn't look all that comfortable with the top headband padding style and also, nice catch on the microphone part. I do youtube gaming commentary.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

I know, but I play mostly fps. Are there headphones that can switch from 7.1 surround sound and stereo.

But you don't need surround in the first place for headphones. Home theater, yeah that'll be a treat, but for headphones, you have two drivers for two ears, and need nothing more.

[witty signature]

But you don't need surround in the first place for headphones. Home theater, yeah that'll be a treat, but for headphones, you have two drivers for two ears, and nothing more.

Yea, "virtual 7.1 surround sound" is complete POS for headphones since it only really helps in a home theater. The headphones are right next to your ears so you are not gonna hear a difference lol. Just get better value by getting the HyperX Cloud 1 or a headphone/mic combo with a table mic thing, a mod mic, or a clip on mic like the Zalman or a sony one. BTW, the HyperX Cloud 2 is coming out in February and that has a slightly better mic, memory foam headband and earcups, and "virtual 7.1 surround sound" so if you can wait for like a month or something, get the Cloud 2 since it has that bs 7.1 you want.

Yes that is why I want my headset to be able to turn 7.1 on and off. The Superlux doesn't look all that comfortable with the top headband padding style and also, nice catch on the microphone part. I do youtube gaming commentary.

You do realize that you can't practically toggle true 7.1 surround sound right? If you made a true 7.1 surround headset use just 2 small speakers, it's gonna be really damn quiet.

Anyways, most modern games actually automatically simulate 7.1 surround sound if you choose 2 speakers in the audio settings. If they don't however, you can always just get razer surround and toggle it off when you aren't gaming.

You do realize that you can't practically toggle true 7.1 surround sound right? If you made a true 7.1 surround headset use just 2 small speakers, it's gonna be really damn quiet.

Anyways, most modern games actually automatically simulate 7.1 surround sound if you choose 2 speakers in the audio settings. If they don't however, you can always just get razer surround and toggle it off when you aren't gaming.

True

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Yea, "virtual 7.1 surround sound" is complete POS for headphones since it only really helps in a home theater. The headphones are right next to your ears so you are not gonna hear a difference lol. Just get better value by getting the HyperX Cloud 1 or a headphone/mic combo with a table mic thing, a mod mic, or a clip on mic like the Zalman or a sony one. BTW, the HyperX Cloud 2 is coming out in February and that has a slightly better mic, memory foam headband and earcups, and "virtual 7.1 surround sound" so if you can wait for like a month or something, get the Cloud 2 since it has that bs 7.1 you want.

A good one eh?

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

So guys Kingston HyperX Cloud of Logitech G230? Everyone is saying just to get stereo. Is there any mac surround sound software to begin with?

The HyperX Cloud II come with virtual surround sound. Since there aren't any mac surround software I could find, I suggest getting that when it comes out early next month at 100 USD. I think the HyperX Cloud is the best value all in one headset, personally.

However, if you don't need the best sound(are not an audiophile), the G230's should be just fine. The quality was 33% worse than my old Beats Solo HD (they were a gift, ok). They were my first headset, and I really enjoyed the washable earcups. But because they were washable, they were absolutely terrible and insulation. A lot of people say that after a year or so they will break due to their hinge mechanism, but I haven't experienced anything like this. Of course, I only used them for 6 months before upgrading (mainly because the inline audio was in a horrible place on the wire; it was too far down to clip to anywhere, but too far up to put on my desk without it constantly falling off.

The HyperX Cloud II come with virtual surround sound. Since there aren't any mac surround software I could find, I suggest getting that when it comes out early next month at 100 USD. I think the HyperX Cloud is the best value all in one headset, personally.

However, if you don't need the best sound(are not an audiophile), the G230's should be just fine. The quality was 33% worse than my old Beats Solo HD (they were a gift, ok). They were my first headset, and I really enjoyed the washable earcups. But because they were washable, they were absolutely terrible and insulation. A lot of people say that after a year or so they will break due to their hinge mechanism, but I haven't experienced anything like this. Of course, I only used them for 6 months before upgrading (mainly because the inline audio was in a horrible place on the wire; it was too far down to clip to anywhere, but too far up to put on my desk without it constantly falling off.

WORSE THAN YOUR BEATS SOLO? Wait hold on, Beats have really bad sound quality. Are you sure they are worse than your beats? But ok, I might as well just the the HyperX Clouds though. 100 USD is a little much for me.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3