Erratic CPU Loads when running Boinc.

Hey guys,

So I have been running Boinc and I have been looking at the distribution of the loads my cpu is doing and I noticed that it is pretty erratic (See clip below). I looked through the FAQ's and I found out that this is normal since the program takes the cpu's time and then gives it periods of rest to reach 60% load.

So my question is, will this erratic load on and off damage my cpu? I know it is just power going through it but would it deteriorate my cpu over time? I have no problems at the moment but im worried about the future. As a result, I am currently setting the cpu availability at 98% so the graph stays flat at 100%. Thanks

post-83116-0-85923200-1421275992_thumb.p

No, your CPU will not be harmed in any way. CPU load constantly fluctuates anyways. What project are you running?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Ok, I know that it normally fluctuates but this seemed kinda excessive to me, why doesn't the program just keep the load at 60% and instead use 100% and 0% back and forth?

post-83116-0-32921700-1421276338.png

Ok, I know that it normally fluctuates but this seemed kinda excessive to me, why doesn't the program just keep the load at 60% and instead use 100% and 0% back and forth?

I'm not sure. I always keep it at 100% personally, so I have no idea.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch