Best laptop for ~$1000

Keudn

I am looking to get a laptop for on the road gaming. My budget is ~$1000 with $1100 being the absolute max. Some criteria it needs to satisfy are

• Decent display, I will be gaming with the sun coming through car windows and I HATE not being able to see anything because the sun is glaring on the screen
  • Good build quality, it needs to be robust since I will of course be on the road
  • Keyboard that isn't mushy, I hate accidentally pushing buttons!
  • Doesn't get too hot, it needs good cooling because sweaty legs aren't fun

If anyone can suggest a laptop AND give the pros and cons of it that would be great!

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Fix the topic title dude, was about to go on a huge rant. Good job I read threads before posting :P

Basically anything for that price by MSI, they're top of the OEM gaming lappies right now.

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE60-Apache--033-15-6-Inch/dp/B00IMTQ44W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1421101452&sr=8-4&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop

I'm sure there's bespoke builders who'd do you a better deal but I'm not the person to ask about laptops.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I don't have any advice as I don't really like laptops but you need to fix the title.

Fix the topic title dude, was about to go on a huge rant. Good job I read threads before posting :P

Basically anything for that price by MSI, they're top of the OEM gaming lappies right now.

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE60-Apache--033-15-6-Inch/dp/B00IMTQ44W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1421101452&sr=8-4&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop

I'm sure there's bespoke builders who'd do you a better deal but I'm not the person to ask about laptops.

LOL oops fixed it  :P

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I am looking to get a laptop for on the road gaming. My budget is ~$1000 with $1100 being the absolute max. Some criteria it needs to satisfy are

• Decent display, I will be gaming with the sun coming through car windows and I HATE not being able to see anything because the sun is glaring on the screen
  • Good build quality, it needs to be robust since I will of course be on the road
  • Keyboard that isn't mushy, I hate accidentally pushing buttons!
  • Doesn't get too hot, it needs good cooling because sweaty legs aren't fun

If anyone can suggest a laptop AND give the pros and cons of it that would be great!

Do you want to GAME on battery? Or are you going to have it plugged in but on your lap or something (using a car charger etc)? Gaming on battery is never a good idea for any system beyond a ULV chip. You'll ruin the battery if you do it often and the parts will be power starved so performance will suck anyway, unless you're willing to do some battery boost stuff with the 900M cards. Also, the screen you're looking for is not "decent display" but "matte display". Matte = anti-glare. Glossy = glare for days.

That being said, what size of laptop do you want? That will determine what I can recommend for you. You're not getting a 970M on $1100 budget though.

There are not the top of OEM laptops. They're one of the best brands, but definitely not at the top.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Do you want to GAME on battery? Or are you going to have it plugged in but on your lap or something (using a car charger etc)? Gaming on battery is never a good idea for any system beyond a ULV chip. You'll ruin the battery if you do it often and the parts will be power starved so performance will suck anyway, unless you're willing to do some battery boost stuff with the 900M cards. Also, the screen you're looking for is not "decent display" but "matte display". Matte = anti-glare. Glossy = glare for days.

That being said, what size of laptop do you want? That will determine what I can recommend for you. You're not getting a 970M on $1100 budget though.

There are not the top of OEM laptops. They're one of the best brands, but definitely not at the top.

No I will have it plugged into a cigarette lighter wall adapter, I know gaming on battery just doesn't work. I am fine with anything around a 860/770m, and I am looking for a 15" laptop, although I can do with a 17" one if there isn't a 15" option. I would LOVE a laptop with the screen of a MSI GE60/70 but the build quality and cooling of something like the ASUS GL 551

No I will have it plugged into a cigarette lighter wall adapter, I know gaming on battery just doesn't work. I am fine with anything around a 860/770m, and I am looking for a 15" laptop, although I can do with a 17" one if there isn't a 15" option. I would LOVE a laptop with the screen of a MSI GE60/70 but the build quality and cooling of something like the ASUS GL 551

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7358-clevo-w355ssq-p-6991.html?wconfigure=yes feel free to add an SSD or warranty or whatever to flesh out the $1100 limit you have. FN + 1 is max fans; should be perfectly fine in temps. I also suggest getting IC Diamond from that configurator.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7358-clevo-w355ssq-p-6991.html?wconfigure=yes feel free to add an SSD or warranty or whatever to flesh out the $1100 limit you have. FN + 1 is max fans; should be perfectly fine in temps. I also suggest getting IC Diamond from that configurator.

How good is the color and viewing angles on that display? The only thing keeping me from the GL 551 is the reviews all saying the color and viewing angles are god awful

How good is the color and viewing angles on that display? The only thing keeping me from the GL 551 is the reviews all saying the color and viewing angles are god awful

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Clevo-W355SS-Schenker-XMG-A504-Barebones-Notebook.113909.0.html

Take the temperatures with a grain of salt; mysn likes to use the wholly inferior MX-2 paste. You can see the viewing angles near the top though.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Clevo-W355SS-Schenker-XMG-A504-Barebones-Notebook.113909.0.html

Take the temperatures with a grain of salt; mysn likes to use the wholly inferior MX-2 paste. You can see the viewing angles near the top though.

Alright looks pretty tempting! Thank you!