My Internet has slowed down on one PC

Weirdybeardyman

I am being provided 40Mbps down Fibre by SKY and have been getting usually 37Mbps Down and 10Mbps up but very recently my internet speeds on my main PC have dropped to 4.5Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

I am on an unlimited contract so they shouldn't be throttling the speed because of data usage. 

After checking on other PC's in the house they are all still getting normal speeds and after phoning SKY they say that the line is still providing full speeds.

My computer gets the same results whether I am connected via Ethernet or on WIFI.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help in diagnosis.

Working Hypothesis:

Virus or Malware is using my internet. - Am scanning using Malwarebytes ATM.

if u know how to factory reset your router go ahead and do that, it might work.

try reseting you wireless router/modem to factory defaults, make sure u have the password and the wifi passwords if you have changed them

if u know how to factory reset your router go ahead and do that, it might work.

yep same 

Having same problem here; already tried resetting routers, phoning the company, ran some anti-malware scans and anti-virus scans, but the internet is absolutely horrendous. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could help OP and me. 

My build: tis be ordered

Having same problem here; already tried resetting routers, phoning the company, ran some anti-malware scans and anti-virus scans, but the internet is absolutely horrendous. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could help OP and me. 

wifi or ethenet

Thanks for the suggestion to reset my router to factory settings, will try that, my computer turned out to have 3 Trojan viruses but getting rid of them didn't help. Btw if I reset my router will it delete any ports I have forwarded?

Thanks for the suggestion to reset my router to factory settings, will try that, my computer turned out to have 3 Trojan viruses but getting rid of them didn't help. Btw if I reset my router will it delete any ports I have forwarded?

Did you reset your browser settings completely after removing the trojans?

I reset my router to factor settings but nothing has changed speed wise. I am unsure what you mean by reseting my browser settings ^.

Sorry I can't quote from mobile.