new prime(architecture/people)

Bsmith

Yeah If you choose canon, make sure they are the single-digit ones (7D, 6D, 5D, 1D). For everything else, there is Nikon and Sony, especially in the entry-level section. (D3300 is the best entry level camera)

I bought it for video and was planning to use ML on it but forgot to check if they had it. Wanted clean hdmi out

Well, since price isnt an issue then (You considering a 5D), You might want to look at the Sony a7R, which has no doubt the best image quality out there. Plus its small, so it gets less annoying when you travel or basically are outside. Also, that thing has Wifi, so if you wanna share photos quickly via social networking, you can do that. I admit, there also are some points against it, but for me personally, I can live with that. (Slower autofocus, EVF, Sony lenses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wM_5nROeaw

This guy also points out some pros about those new mirrorless cameras from Sony. Some of his statements are false though :D

yeah sony isn't doing bad lately, altough i guess i would go for the A7s instead, since it's a bit more ehmm versitile, the low light capabilities are amazing and the fact that you can adjust ISO afterwards(IIRC) makes it very nice to use, altough if i switch brand there is a big chance for me getting a converter like metabone orsomething anyway, gives some extra room to play with lenses.

I bought it for video and was planning to use ML on it but forgot to check if they had it. Wanted clean hdmi out

full sized HDMI is something canon never really understood i guess, atleast on the rebel/beginner series then.

Yeah If you choose canon, make sure they are the single-digit ones (7D, 6D, 5D, 1D). For everything else, there is Nikon and Sony, especially in the entry-level section. (D3300 is the best entry level camera)

i second this out of personal experience, altough some double digit(70D, 60D) and very rarely a triple(600D) aren't that bad either, altough they are more allround the good at something.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.