System won't POST, cpu LED on, no bent pins.

Deathranger1

CPU: pentium g3258

Mobo: (Refurbished) ASUS z87-pro

Ram: crucial 8gb (2 4gb) 1600mhz

GPU: MSI gtx 9800+

PSU: corsair tx650

So a couple weeks back I was swapping my old rig to a new case so I would have more airflow and I installed the standoffs in the standard m-ATX config. I didn't realise it was a nonstandard mobo and had inadvertently installed a standoff directly under the chipset frying it.

Yesterday I finally get in all the parts to replace it (GPU, PSU were part of original rig) assemble it all, outside the case of course, and it doesn't post and all I get it the error code 00 (which the manual says isn't used) and a red CPU LED. All the fans continue to spin and I can even use the onboard power button to shut it back off. I looked around on the net and the general consensus was bent pins, so I looked in the socket for a literal 2 hours before giving up and never saw a single out of line pin. I don't had any other 1150 CPU's or mobos to test anything with so I can't tell if it's the CPU or the mobo.

Pictures will be uploaded soon, I have to find a friends computer to upload them.

May be a defective CPU, may be a defective board, I'd RMA each one one at a time.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

May be a defective CPU, may be a defective board, I'd RMA each one one at a time.

But which one first

The G3258 is a Haswell refresh cpu. You will more than likely need to update the bios to use that cpu.

Some z87 boards can't use the refresh CPUs with out it.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Did you plug in your 12V CPU connector?

jbowmgIsd8oVRN.png

Because he had a hard drive.

Did you plug in your 12V CPU connector?

jbowmgIsd8oVRN.png

Yes I checked all the normal problems, I've had problems similar to this before but all the solutions I found from other people's problems didn't work, so now I'm asking

But which one first

I'd go for the mobo first.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W