custom case idea

xXxrekt_u_m8xXx

hi guys,

so i got pretty bored today and i just started mesin arround in the google sketchup as you can see i'm a total noob :D

but anyways i got this idea of a custom case that could look something like this, it is just a sketch that i didn't spend much time on

so it looks really awful plus don't look at the colors either :D

post-155340-0-60999300-1420922425_thumb.

so the big main hole would be for all the components and stuff and the hole on the top would probably be for vents to get the warm air out

what do you think?

learning sketchup takes like 20 minutes so you did not take any time i guess.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

learning sketchup takes like 20 minutes so you did not take any time i guess.  :lol:

I still dont know how to make spheres in sketchup xD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

learning sketchup takes like 20 minutes so you did not take any time i guess. :lol:

Your profile picture suited that statement so perfectly.. Im dying of laughter at my kitchen table and my family thinks im loosing my mind right now :D

i mean i know how to use the basics and all that easy stuff the problem is i don't have the patience to mess arround with all the little details :D

Your profile picture suited that statement so perfectly.. Im dying of laughter at my kitchen table and my family thinks im loosing my mind right now :D

oh i have it because it works so many times. i also like cats.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

oh i have it because it works so many times. i also like cats.

its so perfect, I just started laughing and my family is just sitting here staring at me right now like ive lost my mind cause they dont get it.

I'm so happy that you are having a great time but... that is not the freakin point of this post guys :angry: :D

I'm so happy that you are having a great time but... that is not the freakin point of this post guys :angry: :D

Sorry i meant to reply to you and i got totally side tracked by the laughter, Anyway my father is actially working on a custom case that looks vaguely like your sketchup. Hes building his out of two pieces of aluminum though. Hes using a cnc machine to cut out a bunch of channels in each piece and will making a rubber gasket to sandwhich in between them. He'll then be drilling and tapping the holes for it and using the case to run his custom water cooling, Itll provide some extra passive cooling over that of the radiators plus that of the radiators themsevles. The rough design reminds me a lot of what you drew though.

Sorry i meant to reply to you and i got totally side tracked by the laughter, Anyway my father is actially working on a custom case that looks vaguely like your sketchup. Hes building his out of two pieces of aluminum though. Hes using a cnc machine to cut out a bunch of channels in each piece and will making a rubber gasket to sandwhich in between them. He'll then be drilling and tapping the holes for it and using the case to run his custom water cooling, Itll provide some extra passive cooling over that of the radiators plus that of the radiators themsevles. The rough design reminds me a lot of what you drew though.

sounds awesome although if i build sth like this i will probs use air cooling, anyways does he have anything built already? asking if you could show me some pictures of it.

sounds awesome although if i build sth like this i will probs use air cooling, anyways does he have anything built already? asking if you could show me some pictures of it.

Its all at the cnc shop where he works right now, We will be transplanting his current build into it which is in a black 760T with an nzxt hue rgb led kit set to red.