Cooler Master 3D Vapor Chamber CPU Cooler

ahhming

The AIO fans replace chassis fans that would be attached regardless. An AIO has pump noise and two fans, the D15 therefore has four fans.

not necessarily. if you put it on the top (like most people do) you wont usually have top exhaust with an air cooler, you will have back exhaust, and the cooler would face the back as well, for a front to back airflow.

With a top mounted AIO, you get those 2 fans on the top, the back exhaust to take care of VRM airflow, plus the front intake :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

vapor chambers has a liquid inside the pipes which evaporates and then condense 

Regular heatsinks have a liquid in the heat pipes as well.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

not necessarily. if you put it on the top (like most people do) you wont usually have top exhaust with an air cooler, you will have back exhaust, and the cooler would face the back as well, for a front to back airflow.

With a top mounted AIO, you get those 2 fans on the top, the back exhaust to take care of VRM airflow, plus the front intake :)

Most orientations of air cooler I've seen people use are horizontal, taking air from the front intake and expelling it out the back but eh that's personal choice and possibly ignorance on the part of whoever built it often. If I had an air cooler I would be more concerned about airflow inside the case than I currently am.

Most orientations of air cooler I've seen people use are horizontal, taking air from the front intake and expelling it out the back but eh that's personal choice and possibly ignorance on the part of whoever built it often. If I had an air cooler I would be more concerned about airflow inside the case than I currently am.

this is exactly what i said...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

this is exactly what i said...

Is it? I thought you meant mount it vertically, pushing air up, as in in the direction of convection. Did I misunderstand? In the horizontal case I would keep the top exhaust fans.

Is it? I thought you meant mount it vertically, pushing air up, as in in the direction of convection. Did I misunderstand? In the horizontal case I would keep the top exhaust fans.

no i meant having it horizontal, pushing towards the rear exhaust, and not having top exhaust since that is actually bad for that kind of airflow (you limit the air to a part of a heatsink)