First OverClock

Pro_LiZzy

So I want to overclock my R7 260x and I am newbie to this, I barley know anything and I want to learn, I don't want you guys tell me: "if you don't know what you are doing don't do it" I am here to learn and I hope you guys can help me a bit.

So

Which program is best for overclocking GPU?

I use MSI AfterBurner but I don't really know a lot about it

How to know what are safe settings for GPU OC?

Does anyone know best OC settings for R7 260x sapphire and is he willing to share them here?

I am not looking for Ultimate GPU OverClock, I am looking for basic overclock that would help me to learn and understand overclocking bit more than I do now.

OK use AB, I will tell you how I got my 290x to great heights :).

Softwares needed - 

MSI Afterburner

OCCT

First if you have a *good* PSU then max the the power limit percentage.

Now Increase the core by 5 MHZ (Typing it in is easier instead of using slider), now launch OCCT and go to GPU: 3D. Uncheck Memory used and check error check. Now change FPS limit to whatever your monitors refresh rate is. Now change Shader complexty to 7. All good? Now launch it by pressing ON. The circle will NOT rotate. Go do something else worthwhile, make sure your computer does NOT go to sleep. Let OCCT run for 15 minutes. If it says 0 Errors then close the program and go to AB again.

Keep increasing core till you get a error or too high temps.

Now lets move on to memory. Same procedure. When your reach your max *safe* limit for bot memory and core, run OCCT for 1 full hour. See if any errors were prduced. If there were errors reduce both clock and memory by five.

You are good to go my friend. :)

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

make sure to compare limits on afterburner with trixx (download both). trixx has a tendency of giving you more overclocking headroom, even more than if you extend official overclocking limits in Afterburner, but afterburner is safer if you are new, and far more detailed. you may find that Afterburner won't let you go far enough, but it depends on how crazy you are with pushing your graphic card  :)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR