Are corsair fans any good?

ErickS89

I see Linus recommends them in just about every other video but does anyone have them and are they actually quiet?

I have 1 fan that blows like it's jet stream... 

I'm building a new PC and just looking at what fans to get.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

what are you looking to get from the fans other than being quiet?

best radiator performance?

best airflow?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Depends on what situation you are trying to use them in.

they are, just loud

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Linus definitely doesn't "recommend them in every other video". Maybe you're thinking of Noctuas (which are fantastic). Corsair fans tick, especially at low RPMs, and the performance editions are down right loud. The reason so many people buy them is because they look so good.

They are good but they are not quiet, especially the performance edition ones.  I use my MSI control center to run mine at 50% though and they are of an acceptable audio range for me.  I cannot stand blow dryer jet engine sounding fans. :P

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

right here,corsair fans cost more than noctua's and only comes with 2years warranty?is that normal?

Bitfenix Spectre Pro you will never look back.

they get pretty quiet if you have the quiet edition with the voltage reducer on them

spin around 1000 rpm for the af and 1200ish for the sp fans

quiet but not silent

perform pretty well on my h100i

keeps my 4.7 overclock cool on my 8350

They are okay but i prefer Noctua fans and it still depends on what you are using them for like airflow or a rad ect,

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

Noctua is one of the best choices, unless you are looking for good looking fans. They got black fans coming soon though. For looks the Corsair fans are superior.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I have corsair's AF120s and I really like them. But one of them does not work after 5 months but the other one is working fine so I won't count that against them.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Corsair are good quality components for your overall aesthetics but for efficiency and reliability I would have to go with Noctua

Corsair makes good fans IMO, are there better out there, yes. It comes down to what you are looking for in a fan. Corsair makes a good Quiet Edition fan, are they as good as a Noctua, probably not. To me the thing with the Corsair fans is they just got it right in the looks department with the color rings. So if you are looking for a balance of looks and performance then to me Corsair is the way to go. If you just care about performance and not so much the looks, go with Noctua. 

i want to up vote Bitfenix Spectre Pro as well. i am loving mine! great on a rad or not. great air flow and really low noise.

I like them I have nothing bad to say

Aselwyn1

I like them too but I am using noctua ulna's on them and they are airline quite. Like what's been said before they are not noctua fans

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

Just for look, silent freak like me cannot like them. Went with Noctua last week and I'll never look back, these fans exceeded my expectations.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

the af series from corsair are pretty silent, you have to set your bios to silent and you will not complain,  everybody know that noctuas are better, but they are so god damn ugly

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

I ordered two Corsair SP120 PWM High Performance fans for my CPU heatsink. Will report back sometime within the next two days.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I have two SP120 PWM Quiets and I actually think they're pretty quiet.  I mean, at full speed they're kinda audible.  But when my PC idles they're at ~600 RPM and I can't hear them at all.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I'd just like to report that I'm now using the Corsair SP120 PWM High Performance fans in push/pull and I have zero complaints whatsoever about noise levels even with the fans set to "normal" in my BIOS. The only disappointment I've encountered so far is that they don't seem to give me any better cooling than the dual Xigmatek XLF-F1255 fans I had been using in push/pull previously. Perhaps the limiting factor in my case is the heatsink itself (using it on a Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition) and not the fans. May post more when I try them on my Prolimatech Megahalems Black Series.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn